Open today: 07:00 - 22:00
Book In Advance
Tours from Margaret River Discovery Co. Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from US$87.25
from US$108.33
from US$76.34
More Info
All reviews fraser gallop winery honey tasting sean blocksidge exclusive access canoe trip private lunch behind the scenes water hole short hike off road land rover coastal walk barrel room wine barrels aboriginal history gourmet lunch local flora and fauna
Reviewed 17 March 2011

Only 6 people for whom Sean made this a fun and interesting day. It was a real United Nations - 2 Brits, 1 Russian, 1 Belgian, 1 Frenchman and an Aussie ex Sri Lanka. Great knowledge, food, locations and, of course, wine.
Strongly recommended. A&M Surrey, England.

Date of experience: February 2011
SeanBlocksidge, Owner at Margaret River Discovery Co. Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2011

Hi guys

How ironic that my 100th review came from the "united nations' tour!

What a great day it was with such an amazing mix of nationalities and life experiences.

The part of my job that I didn't realise I was going to enjoy so much was the opportunity of meeting so many amazing people.

The 'tour for people who dont do tours' has ensured a high calibre of clientelle and it is a real treat to showcase the best of Margaret River to people who want to do more than simply trundle around on a crowded winery minivan tour.

Cheers
sean

Reviewed 16 March 2011

This was just a totally enjoyable day. We began kayaking on the beautiful Margaret River which was amazing. We had lunch in one of the vineyards where we were provided with an amazing lunch under a beautiful tree in the vineyard where there was just our group - heavenly!! Then a four wheel drive to the coast where we walked part of the Cape to Cape walk which was just spectacular - we even surprised a huge grey kangaroo!
Sean was a wonderful guide and fabulous photographer! It was a really enjoyable day. We also did a wine tour with him and it also was extremely well organised and we saw a great cross section of vineyards from the largest to the small boutique type.

Date of experience: March 2011
Reviewed 13 March 2011

My wife Susan and I (Chris) were first time visitors to Margaret River after living in Perth for 38 years. Sean was very professional and extremely polite and had great knowledge and was very informative of the region. The fact that the tour is held with a max of six in the vehicle made it a very personal experience and we got to know some lovely people. Sean took us to a variety of wineries and we were allowed to take our time and enjoy the experience with out being pressured for time. Again thankyou Sean for the delightful experience and we will be recommending your " Wine Discovery Tour" to our friends Thank-you Chris and Susan Garnett

Date of experience: March 2011

Hi guys

As the MRDCo approaches it's 100th review on Tripadvisor ...... I thank you for writing another 5 thumbs up review. If we crack 100 review with all 100 receiving five thumbs it will apparently be an Australian first!

I am thrilled to read you enjoyed both tours so much. I have never asked anyone to write a TA review so it really means a lot that you took the time to write a review.

Thanks again!

Regards
Sean

Reviewed 27 February 2011

A really excellent day out with a great balance of different activities. Sean’s easy going and friendly personality made us feel comfortable from the minute he picked us up, backed up by his knowledge of the area, it’s history and the vineyards. Sean's also a bit of a photographer, so you'll end up with some great pictures.The size of the group is ideal, no more than six but when we did the tour it was only us and another couple so it feels more like a day out with friends than an organised tour. In fact the small size of the group is one of its attractions. The canoe tour was delightful, and gave a real insight into the landscape, the other places visited just as interesting, especially walking along the cliffs and seeing the Cow Bombie. Lunch in the winery was delicious, as were the wines sampled, and having the place to ourselves felt quite special.

The day exceeded our expectations, possibly not be the cheapest day out in Margaret River, but we loved it and thought it great value.

Date of experience: January 2011
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Just the three of us took the tour in a 4wd Land Rover - me and an elderly German couple, but Sean Blocksidge went out of his way to put us all at our ease. We began by canoeing up the Margaret River. Even the Germans, who had never done it before, enjoyed it, and none of us got wet. Then some driving in the bush, followed by a really memorable al fresco lunch uncder a tree in a leading winery, a brief look at an Aboriginal campsite and a short stroll on the Cape to Cape walk. Sean was amazing in his local knowledge - he used to work in a winery - and made the day special for each of us. Thoroughly recommended.

Date of experience: February 2011
SeanBlocksidge, Owner at Margaret River Discovery Co. Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2011

G’day Keiron

I just wanted to say thank you for such a great review. I love the headline; written as only a journo can. It means a lot to me that one of Irelands best journalists made the effort to come all the way to Western Australia and spend a day with MRDCo . Suffice to say it was a real privilege for me to share a full day and dinner together listening to your truly remarkable life experiences. I checked out your website (complete with the photos of a sporting team number of children!) and really look forward to reading about your experiences in Oz.

With respect