“Best tour we've done...”

Margaret River Discovery Co. Tours
Ranked #2 of 49 Tours in Margaret River
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Margaret River's #1 rated wine and adventure tours for "people who don't do tours" with Western Australian Guide of the Year - Sean Blocksidge. Get behind the tourist facade, away from the masses and discover people and places you won't find on your own. The No 1 Margaret River guide/tour on Tripadvisor since 2008. No minivans, no crowds. Personalised touring at it's best.
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Really nice day out. It was less like going on a tour and more like having a local friend show you around. Would recommend doing this early in your trip to Margaret River as you get a good feel for the place and know what else to check out. Difficult to pick the highlight of the day as it was all so well done.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is one of the best tours I've ever taken. Sean takes you to places that only a local would know about. We canoed on the pristine Margaret River, hiked a part of the Cape to Cape trail with stunning views, tasted unprocessed honey that he collected himself, and had a beautiful picnic at a vineyard not open to the public. We did all of this without running into another person on our travels. This tour is, as Visa would say....priceless!

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I had visited margaret river with my partner with an intention to propose for marriage. With a preset idea of proposing at a winery or something like that... i rang Sean up to see if we could get on the discovery tour that same day! (fortunately he had space for just two left..epic!) Upon telling Sean wat I planned for the proposal... he said to me "mate I got a better idea than that" And thats exactly wat his idea turned out to be! I proposed to my partner at the wilyabrup cliff with the indian ocean backdrop. ... ofcourse I got a yes!! No woman would say no in that special environment! Thanks Sean you're a champ!

Richard Ojo

Reviewed 28 March 2014

This was by far the best tour we have ever done! It was like going out with a group of friends for the day
Sean was a great guide and went that extra mile for us during the tour. We had lunch in a vineyard which was amazing and we ended up purchasing a few bottles to take home. Canoeing down Margaret River was our favourite part of the day, we felt like it was just us two there. If you are in Margaret River a tour with Sean is a must !

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

This is our second trip to Margaret River in the last four years and having read all the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor about this tour, we decided to book the tour for our party of 3.

We met Sean around ten in the morning and after the initial introduction, we headed off to a secluded stretch of the Margaret River.

Prior to coming on the tour, I was a little hesitant about joining the canoeing. However once the canoe touched the tranquil Margaret River, the ride was very pleasant indeed and all my reservations was cast aside. The water was clear and as we canoed along the river, there was a haunting calmness and serenity. We were also given time to be in touch with nature.

For me, the highlight of the entire tour would be the Cape to Cape walk. The entire walk would have taken days however Sean has carefully selected the highlights of the trail. On his 4WD, we travelled to a scenic stretch and experienced the most spectacular views. It was breathtaking expense of blue and a spray of white clouds across the horizon. To quote Sean - it was a cracker of an afternoon.

Highly recommended for seasoned travelers who are keen to discover a different aspect of Margaret River and who will like time to explore more than vineyards in this region.

Finally must commend our tour mates who were great fun and very accommodative.