“Now, THAT'S a Wine Tour!”

Margaret River Discovery Co. Tours
Ranked #1 of 54 Tours in Margaret River
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Margaret River's #1 rated wine and adventure tours for "people who don't do tours" with Western Australian Guide of the Year - Sean Blocksidge. Get behind the tourist facade, away from the masses and discover people and places you won't find on your own. The No 1 Margaret River guide/tour on Tripadvisor since 2008. No minivans, no crowds. Personalised touring at it's best.
Reviewed 21 October 2009

I knew I'd selected the right tour when I read the reviews at Trip Advisor. And the moment my husband and I met Sean, we instantly knew we were in good hands and in for a unique experience. Sean explained that his tour was not about how many vineyards one could visit in "x" amount of hours, but rather, to truly understand the wine tasting experience as well as learning about the process of winemaking. Sean is an amiable guide and has a solid background in both the hospitality and winery business and is more than qualified to introduce visitors to the Margaret River region as well as help you make the most of your tour day. The fact that his tours are small (only 6 people) provides the time and the intimacy that this experience really deserves. His 4WD vehicle is comfortable and well equipped to traverse the areas he shows his guests (that's all I'm going to say...you'll have to take the tour to find out his destinations), but then that's the delight of the tour.

When we concluded the day, my husband and I felt like we had been treated to an exclusive V.I.P. experience and were both higher than kites. It was precisely what I had hoped for and would highly recommend it to anyone - from a beginner that wants to know more about wines or even a connoisseur that wants to expand his world knowledge of great wines. Trust me, you're in for a treat and one memorable day! Thanks, Sean.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"aboriginal history"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 15 October 2009

We have travelled to Margaret River many times over the years and done the usual winery drive around. This offered a great behind the scenes winery tour plus the bonus of visiting such a beautiful and off the track part of the region. Sean (our tourguide) was very knowledgable about the area including many facts that you need to do quite a bit of varied research to find out. It was a wonderful day and a great new insite into the region that we had visited for years. We wouldn't normally book a tour in "our own backyard", but I would highly recommend this tour with great personal service, fun and of course sampling some wonderful wines.

Reviewed 10 October 2009

Great food and wine mixed with stunning landscapes (light but rewarding canoeing and hiking), Australian culture and plants and animals. Very nicely balanced trip.

Sean was a fantastic host - fun and well informed - thanks very much

A MUST if you are going to Margaret River.

Reviewed 5 October 2009

Sean is a gracious and knowledgeable guide who conducts a very enjoyable tour of this beautiful ecoregion. He provides insightful perspectives into the ecological, historical, economic and cultural factors that influence southwest Australia and is able to craft an experience that caters to specific interests and circumstances. In our case, we had a lovely day of canoeing, hiking, wildlife viewing, and general sightseeing that was all appropriate for our 5-year old daughter. The pinnacle of the days experience is a private tour and lunch at one of the areas top wineries. I highly recommend Margaret River Discovery Tours to anyone wishing to gain a deeper appreciation of this area.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 September 2009

Visiting the Margaret River region for the fist time, my husband and I wanted to stay away from the pack 'em in, cart 'em round type tours so we booked a day with TMRD Co and we weren't disappointed.
Sean is a perfect host - knowledgeable about the area, the wineries, the local wildlife and the best things to see and do without getting "wined out". His enthusiasm is infectious and in his great Land Rover Discovery (my husband wants one now) we were able to get to places we wouldn't normally have seen and appreciate the beautiful scenery of the area.
I would thoroughly recommend a day with Sean as part of anyone's essential Margaret River experience.