Heritage Trail Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Margaret River Hotel(Margaret River)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Grange on Farrelly(Margaret River)
View Hotel
Margaret River Resort(Margaret River)
  • Pool
Stay Margaret River(Margaret River)
  • Pool
Margarets Beach Resort(Margaret River)
View Hotel
All reviewscontinental breakfastforest viewlocal produceluxury spa suitemicro breweryshort walk into towngreat spaenjoyed our stayspacious roomnice breakfasthelpful hostsyogurtking size bedthe main roadbussell highwayrelaxing staycoffee machine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My husband and I spent 2 nights here and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The hosts were very friendly and had lots of information and maps available for local attractions. On arrival it was a nice surprise to be upgraded to a luxury spa suite. The suite is beautifully appointed with almost everything thought of. The balcony area overlooking the National Park behind gives the feeling you are tucked away nicely and combined with the room - very romantic.The bush trails in the National Park behind the Lodge were lovely and very peaceful. Breakfast was not huge but more than adequate.The Lodge itself is before the bridge leading into town - not the easiest walk, but certainly can be done. All in all, it's close to all conveniences and a great base to venture out from. Clean, tidy, well appointed with great hosts, what more can you ask. Would stay again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the National Park better and worth the extra.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Helen_and_Terry_L, Owner at Heritage Trail Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2014

Hi Martine. Thanks for your review. So glad you enjoyed your time with us. We always like to upgrade where we can when it is quiet during the week. The Luxury Suites are pretty special we agree. They were completely refurbished a few years back and no expense was spared to create a really special, romantic space. We hope you can come back again. Warm regards, Helen & Terry.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I had an absolutely wonderful stay at Heritage Trail Lodge. We stayed in the luxury spa apartment and were thrilled with our room. The breakfast was delicious and the owner recommended a fabulous red wine brewery to try - my husband's favourite. Definitely recommend staying here if you want to be close to town but still feel slightly remote.

• Stayed: July 2014

Hi. Thanks for taking the time to review us. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and your very special Luxury Spa Suite. We are lucky to be so close to town yet still be tucked away in the forest. It is a very special location. Warmest regards, Helen & Terry.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We are a couple in our twenties and thoroughly enjoyed our short getaway to Margaret River, in large because of our excellent stay at Heritage Trail Lodge. The host, Helen was absolutely lovely, she greeted us and explained how everything worked right from the start as well as showing us personally to our room. She had a wealth of knowledge about the area and was happy to share and recommend places to visit. The room was spacious, clean and smelled nice. I had read reviews about the breakfast prior to making my booking so I wasn't expecting much but it was really good and we have no complaints. Very fresh and the filling, especially enjoyed the fruits. Staff had left a little arrangement on our bed of a flower and bacci chocolates. So unexpected and delicious!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Theresa L

Hi Theresa. Thank you so much for your review and your lovely complements. We love to help our guests with suggestions of places to visit while they are here. A little local knowledge goes a long way. We are glad you like our little extra touches to make you feel welcome. We hope you can come back to visit again. Helen & Terry

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is our second visit to the hotel and we loved it just as much as the first time.The hotel is situated near wooded area with trails,with balconies overlooking the green. We loved the tranquility despite the city centre being only a short 10 min walk away. Rooms were clean, good sized with spa bath; and the continental breakfast spread was delicious.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Great place if you love super soft king size beds. Because I was the heavier, I sank in the middle of the bed, causing my wife, pillows and all to be pulled inwards towards me. In the end I was banished to one edge while my wife occupied the opposite side. So there we were, having paid for a king size bed in the top end room, and sleeping on opposite edges with a vast space between us. Fortunately I had brought my own firm foam pillow. Would have brought our own firm mattress had we known. The complimentary continental breakfast was satisfactory, but could do with some ham or smoked salmon, considering the rates that we paid. Can't fault the rooms, location or staff though - all excellent. Definitely great place for honeymooners and lovers. Not recommended for people with bad backs or those accustomed to firmer beds..

Room Tip: All rooms have soft beds, so avoid if you have bad backs or are used to firmer beds
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends