“Average food but excellent service”
Review of Settlers Tavern

Settlers Tavern
Price range: US$5 - US$27
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The heart of Margaret River where great country hospitality greets you & locally sourced food, coffee, wines, beers & generous meals served all-day await you! Full-menu all-day, every-day, indoors or outdoors. Multi award winning wine list, over 25 wines by the glass, and 500 hundred local and international wines on the list from some of the world's best producers. Settlers Tavern is the original home of live entertainment in Margaret River - featuring good vibes, bands, reggae, funk, soul, roots, blues - two hundred and sixty nights a year. No wonder Settlers Tavern is the busiest place in town!
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This place serves pub food well. They are also keen to have good reviews written which is good because it means that the diner is looked after. My wife ordered a steak sand which which was not good, When asked about the meal we did comment, and the manager was very quick to correct the situation - full marks to him!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,806)

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We had lunch at Settlers on our first day in Margaret River, the staff were GREAT friendly helpful and the food was really good with a great atmosphere. We liked the place so much we had dinner there on our last night as well. Would recommend as a must visit.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Even those it's a tavern, the friendly service, quick meals, and serving size deserves 5 stars. We've just returned from eating there, and it's one of the very few times we have not been able to finish our meals as we're too full. I was hungry when we arrived, so decided to order the bruscetta for an entree. My husband had the calamari with some chips as an extra for his entree. The calamari entree was a full sized meal, so he gave some to me. Both were delicious. I had ordered the Plate of Joy, a vege patty with rice and salad. When it was placed in front of me, I wondered how of earth was I going to finish it. I didn't, It was delicious, and a huge meal for $19. My husband had the 'lamb pops', 3 lamb cutlets, with a huge plate of salad. He couldn't finish it either. Go and enjoy the food and atmosphere. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Abbykat
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We arrived at the Settlers Tavern and was standing out the front gate one of the bouncers approached us and asked if he could help great start we just told him we were looking for somewhere to have dinner he informed us that the food was good there with a smile on his face yes(the bouncer )he told us where to go and said enjoy our night
We had never been there before we were greeted by Alex who showed us the menu and informed us of the specials again all happy and smiles then he informed us of the Tavern out door cooker and the Texas BBQ dinner he was full of praises for this cooker.
Alyx showed us to our table and said order when ready up at the bar still smiling.
Our starter arrived with Shannon who also had a quick chat and made us feel welcome (just great service )
not long after that Shannon arrived with the main course I had the Chicken Pama and my Girlfriend went with the Texas BBQ dinner. The meals were served hot and very well presented about 7 mins later Shannon come passed making shore all was well and we were enjoying the meal which we both were.
after we both finished our plates were taken away quickly
This Tavern was great friendly staff, great service, and very nice food.
It will not be a hard choice next time we are down that way.

1  Thank Bjf62
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Pubs menus in WA are always so similar it's boring but settlers do it well. Enough of a twist to keep it interesting but still simple homely cooking. Good all round venue and never disappoints