Let’s be honest – this is not the Ritz! We experienced a less than enthusiastic welcome on arrival where we stood and waited in reception unacknowledged for several minutes as a computer took preference. Neither were we engaged in relation to the attractions in the area – something we would have appreciated. We then made our way to a one-bedroom cabin that was clean and spacious with stove top, microwave, large fridge/freezer, patio table & chairs and small round table & chairs indoors.
• Nearby laundry for guests
• Barbecue area
• Within walking distance of the village with its information centre, shops, eateries and pubs with live music
• Coles & IGA
• Conveniently located for tour pick-up
• Quiet and secure
Room for improvement:
• No salt & pepper set, microwave crockery, beer glasses, whisk or washing up brush
• No oven
• The gas barbeque was barely functional and was in dire need of a good clean and service of the burners
• Wi-Fi only at reception
• No electricity point convenient to working with a computer on the interior table in our unit
We only discovered after we had booked a tour at the information centre that we could have done so cheaper at the resort (AUD 81 instead of AUD 90), but can recommend the Cheers tour option. We enjoyed the itinerary and company. There is a bicycle shop just up the road with reasonable hire fees, but is closed on Sundays. Since we missed this sign on their door until too late, we walked the trail and enjoyed it immensely. It is easily accessible from the park and we took the route through the heavily forested area to the river and then returned via the main road through town, stopping only for necessary sustenance at Settlers pub, before weaving our way back to the park. It was an easy 4 or 5km stroll.
The check-out was efficient and friendly. Overall this is an unpretentious, but very comfortable and convenient lodging with a lot to recommend it – as long as you are comfortable with basic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Margaret River Tourist Park is a fabulous home away from home when you travel to the heart of the South West. We provide comfortable cottages, chalets and cabins as well as shaded powered sites and camping grounds. Being situated in the centre of Margaret River, the park is close to numerous attractions, including: Short walk to cafes and shopping in Margaret River town centre 15 minute drive to explore local caves and beaches Short walk to local art Galleries and local arts and crafts Close to the start of numerous scenic forest drives Central to the many vineyards for wine tasting Central to a range of gourmet delights that Margaret River is famous for Walking distance from the local weekend markets and monthly farmers market ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Margaret River Tourist Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.