“Fantastic day”

US$125.10*
Margaret River Small-Group Food and Wine Tasting Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Margaret Rivers premium touring experience. Awarded "Margaret River Business of the Year 2013"" in just our second year of operation. Margaret River's "Wine Tour for Food Lovers"! Taste up to 40 wines and 60+ gourmet foods in one day! We dine at Margaret Rivers premiere Wineries Vasse Felix, Cullen Wines, Aravina Estate and Flutes for lunch, which includes a complimentary glass of wine. We also visit Family owned boutique Cellar Doors where you will get to meet the owners and experience their passion! Combine this with an exclusive wine and meat pairing and cheese matching experience, a vineyard walk and talk is available on request, the regions best chocolate and coffee, travel in comfort aboard our appointed 12 seater buses. You have a premium, intimate and delicious day out! We support sustainable and ethical business and only visit hidden gems and local producers. Harvest Tours provides you with an experience to savour!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic day”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This was an excellent tour. Jamie was very knowledgeable about the local area, the different wineries and the general history of the area. Having done a winery tour many years ago in the area I knew what to expect not only from having been on a tour but also the information that Harvest Tours provided about the tour.

The tour I went on was only three people plus Jamie. Some tours wouldn't run a tour for just three people but Harvest Tours did and we got to spend what felt like a bit more time at each of the places we visited which made for a very relaxing and enjoyable afternoon.

I feel that the review by lyntraveller50 was a bit harsh (also acknowledge entitled to their opinion) as nowhere in the promotional information did it say I would get to see things made, so I went to places knowing that I would be shown their products and the choice was mine as to whether to buy or not.

I also have to add, I did this tour solo and did not feel out of place or left out which can sometimes be the case.

Overall, it was a great day and I would not hesitate in recommending Harvest Tours to anyone considering a tour of Margaret River and visiting some of the smaller, less commercial wine makers.

Visited February 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Melbourne, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic and memorable day.”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Well prepared tour for the group. We were taken to a great selection of local wineries and food providers. Tour operator was well versed and very knowledgable. We spent a great day and we would highly recommend this tour.

Visited February 2014
Donnybrook, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great day out!”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Thank you Jamie for another fantastic tour of this beautiful region. I've done two tours now and visited a host of different places each time. Can't wait for the next one!

Visited November 2013
Perth, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Some good, some not so good.”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I am disappointed that I can't write a glowing review. I'm afraid I have to concur, mostly, with doneitalready. Except that, as an individual, you would not get the benefit of the group information sessions, some of which were good.
We went on a tour in Margaret River 18 months ago, and this was better. The previous tour we were asked which wine we would like to taste, and basically tasted wine! Then we went to a cheese shop, an olive shop and a venison shop. Yes, you feel as though you are being taken from one expensive shop to another. There was no seeing cheese making, no seeing olives or an explanation of the process.You can go to a shop anywhere. Although this was better I feel there still leaves a lot to be desired with these tours.
The good: The first vineyard, Adinfern, was very good. The owner showed us the vines, explained a lot about the growing and winemaking process, and gave us lots of information about the various wines we tasted. Lunch at Vasse Felix was a limited choice from the menu, but better than a platter offered by some tours. The wine tasting part was very good, and again there was a lot of information given. Windows Estate was good, the lady spent time explaining the wines, and we got to taste various cheeses to accompany these wines. The not so good: We were outside our Hotel at the designated time, in fact 15 minutes earlier as you do, and waited for about half an hour past the agreed time. Later we found out Jamie had to drive a long way North to collect passengers, but we still should have been contacted while we were waiting. I especially chose this tour as we would not be going to the Margaret River Chocolates, which is one huge, expensive chocolate shop!. Instead I was looking forward to Gabriel's, and what a disappointment. Another chocolate shop. I feel these people really need to appreciate that we want to see the chocolate being made, at least see something other than a retail outlet. The chocolate is made and packed on site so I feel something should be possible to make the visit more worthwhile. When we entered there was a girl with miniscule amounts of chocolate to taste. She had cut the chocolate into the tiniest possible pieces. Not enough for everyone in our group, so I asked for more which did not go down well. She explained that the chocolate is too expensive to give away. We were supposed to go to Yahava Coffee but that didn't happen. We had to drive all the way up past Dunsborough to Eagle Bay to drop some people off, and so we were taken to Duckstein Brewery instead which is on the way. I have to say this was very disappointing. It was purely a drink stop if you wanted to buy beer. Some people bought samples, but it was very expensive so we didn't. All in all this was a good tour if you want a driver to take you around, but I wonder what are the benefits over getting a taxi for the day.

Visited January 2014
Sydney, Australia
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 143 helpful votes
“OK but nothing more than a taxi van”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

This is a tour in a accessible minibus. The van seats 12 but the problem is that because it is fitted out for a wheelchair the last 2 people to be picked get to sit in single seats miles apart. Not luxury and does not visit only local producers as advertised. We went to four vineyards but the visit to 'Margaret Riviera' which was promoted as a providore was nothing more than visiting a retail deli with tasting sample for the general public on a table. All of the samples were out of jars. The tour guide added nothing and just drove us around. Cheaper to get a taxi for the day or hire a car! Had to pay for the brewery at the end.

Visited January 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

HarvestTours, Owner at Harvest Tours, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Hi doneitalready. Thank you very much for your feedback.

When we started Harvest Tours we were shocked that no other tour operators offered wheelchair access. Being physically disabled myself I knew what it was like to miss out, so we wanted to offer our tours to everyone in the community by installing a wheelchair lift.
Of course this meant that we would only ever be able to take 11 people on tour instead of 12, but that was a sacrifice we were willing to make to be a wheelchair accessible tour.

Yes it is unfortunate that there are 2 single seats in the bus, but we often get singles on tour and very tall people etc who enjoy the bit of extra space the single seats offer.
It also allows us to fit our large fridge in the bus for our guests convenience.

We in fact do only visit local producers, and our tour has been specifically designed to do this!
At Harvest Tours we try to be a bit different and visit places no one else does or can, and offer exclusive experiences at most places we visit.
Margaret Riviera is the regions premiere destination for gourmet local produce. Of the 16 foods you tried at Margaret Riviera 14 of them were made in Cowaramup by a local Italian chef who actually used to own the store, and the other 2 foods were also locally made products.
The produce at Margaret Riviera is presented for tasting in small dishes (not jars)...the jars are behind each sample simply so you know what you are trying.
Below is a quote from Margaret Riviera's website:

"Margaret Riviera is dedicated to showcase the best local produce from the Margaret River district in the lush south-west of Western Australia."

I am very sorry you felt your Tour Guide (myself) offered nothing all day. Everyone else was having a great day and some from your tour have already given us a 5 star review. I take great pride in being an ambassador for the Margaret River Region, and I always try to make sure my guests have a wonderful day and get an experience to savour.

As far as a taxi being cheaper...Margaret River Taxi Tours are $805 for a 7 hour tour.
This does not include a beautiful lunch at the iconic Vasse Felix valued at $50, nor does it include a wine and cheese pairing, a vineyard tour, 65 gourmet local food tastings, a coffee or any of the other extras you get on a Harvest Tour. So I think you can clearly see that our price and inclusions offer incredible value for money.

Again, we apologise to you for not living up to your expectations.
If you are ever in town again please contact us so we can give you the experience you are looking for.

Warm Regards