“Spectacular Mammoth Cave”

US$148.60*
and up
Margaret River, Caves, Wine and Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse Tour from Perth
More attraction details
Owner description: Mammoth is an impressive, gothic-like cave that could easily be described as the perfect home for a caveman. Tours are self-guided with an audio headset and begin via an elevated boardwalk through towering Karri forest. As you journey through the spectacular formations lookout for the carefully lit animal bones and fossils and listen to the stories about extinct animals. Wildflowers are abundant around the precinct from September to November. Located 22km south of Margaret River.
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I totally agree with the previous reviewers, the Mammoth Cave was one of our highlights of the Margaret River area. Thanks to the Information centre ladies at M.R. for recommending it. The audio self guide tour was great, and being able to go at your own pace was a big advantage especially for seniors with walking disabilities, even the steps at the end were doable with a nice walk at the end through the trees. Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Mammoth Cave

Reviewed 4 June 2012 via mobile

A great no-nonsense self-guided cave walk. This place is amazing and well worth the admission fee. Can be done in about an hour. A must-see when in the area. We didn't visit any other caves in the area although we're left amazed by this one! Highly recommended, especially for those on a tight schedule. Go at your own pace...

Reviewed 30 May 2012

I would never imagined I would ever enter a cave, I am quite claustrophobic, but this was not like that at all, I never felt scared for one second, I totally loved it. It felt like a huge nature made cathedral is all I can liken it too, very peacefull was the feeling that it gave out. The mobile commentary that you can opt to purchase for the tour (strongly advise) was informative. This is our second visit, and I am now considering others caves next time I visit, which I never dreamed I would do!

Reviewed 19 May 2012

This is one of the best audio-guided tours I have been on and thoroughly worth a visit. Fascinating history if the cave, the rock formations and fossils in addition to the history of the discovery of the caves themselves

Reviewed 27 April 2012

The sheer space inside and the informative commentary were excellent