We were fortunate enough to get the last room available on a Saturday night. And yes it was one of the 'small' rooms-though not small for a manor bedroom.
The room was a beautifully decorated and very well equiped (though a coffee plunger would have been nice-or a Nespresso machine!). The bathroom was well organized with lovely toiletries. The room overlooked a small landscaped garden. We were perfectly comfortable in the small room; however, we also were also perfectly comfortable sitting in the beautifully landscared gardens (on 14 acres), using the tranquil, heated pool, and sitting on the patio in the evening enjoying a bottle of wine. The breakfast in the morning was delightful-lovely service, an incredible selection of fresh fruit, and a selection of individually prepared hot breakfasts (the venison sausage was suprisingly nice!).
The staff seem genuinely interested in whether you are enjoying your stay, and are more than ready to help you find that extra towel or glass. If you want to wander into Margaret River township, it's a short drive or a nice walk (too hot for us this weekend though). I know most of my reviews are glowing, but it's probably because I do try to take care in choosing accomodation when there is a choice. Trip Advisor certainly helps, especially when you read between the lines. This is a lovely property-the refurbishment has been done to a high standard and I believe it is good value for Margaret River.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Margaret River's Finest - Welcoming today's discerning traveller with the promise of luxurious solitude & ensuring a relaxing, memorable stay. Basildene Manor, is an historic elegant country manor, set on 14 picturesque acres amidst the rich tapestry of renowned Margaret Rivers vineyards. Nineteen recently refurbished and beautifully appointed rooms are available. Our renowned Basildene Breakfast includes a full cooked a la carte breakfast and fruit buffet, all from the Manor restaurant. Nestled in the valley you will discover our heated outdoor swimming pool and secluded sun deck (avail in summer months), tennis court & lakeside pergola. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Mercure Basildene Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Basildene Manor Hotel Margaret River
- Basildene Manor Margaret River