I truly felt like I'd stepped back in time. The original side of the building is beautifully maintained and has many framed photographs from a era long gone adorning the entrance.
We were told that we were only able to have Breakfast at the Manor as they do not have facilities for lunches and dinners, but were pleased to discover that they do serve
Devonshire Tea in the afternoons (Scones with cream and jam). We also enjoyed a full cooked breakfast in the morning which was served in the conservatorium which overlooks the well manicured gardens. It was just lovely.
The Manor does not have room service to speak of (probably to keep with its romantic feel) so lunch and dinner are an in town affair. But who's complaining which so many gorgeous wineries to go to for lunch and restaurants for dinner too you can't go wrong. We caught a local taxi, it took 5mins to arrive and only cost $12 each way into the town centre.
But if you don't want to venture out for meals, there is BBQ facilities and there is also a heated pool on site.
We enjoyed a late afternoon stroll around the property and noticed a few other couples reading on picnic blankets sipping their newly purchased wines from around the region. Very romantic. We spent some time just relaxing by the pond enjoying the view on one of the many wooden benches placed around the garden.
I would not recommend Basildene Manor for families, but if you want to get away from it all, it would be perfect for a Romantic Get-away or even a Solo rejuvienating trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Margaret River's Finest - Welcoming today's discerning traveller with the promise of luxurious solitude & ensuring a relaxing, memorable stay. Basildene Manor, is an historic elegant country manor, set on 14 picturesque acres amidst the rich tapestry of renowned Margaret Rivers vineyards. Nineteen recently refurbished and beautifully appointed rooms are available. Our renowned Basildene Breakfast includes a full cooked a la carte breakfast and fruit buffet, all from the Manor restaurant. Nestled in the valley you will discover our heated outdoor swimming pool and secluded sun deck (avail in summer months), tennis court & lakeside pergola. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Mercure Basildene Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Basildene Manor Hotel Margaret River
- Basildene Manor Margaret River