This place is simply beautiful. The surroundings and building is very well-taken care of for a century old place. The Ala-carte breakfast was very good with great sides for buffet. We get a good view of the lawn and lake while hvg breakfast.
We wld hv given them a 5 star rating if not for the lack of service from the staff. We arrived at 8pm on our first nite and there was no one to greet us. Instead an envelope with my name was left on front counter with the key to my room. And the 2nd incident was at breakfast when I picked up a plate at buffet table. A staff came up to me spoke in a rather curt tone asking what I had wanted. Told her I wanted a plate to pick up some fruits. She pointed to the bowls and said use this. It was rather disappointing tt the staff didn't match up with this fine establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Margaret River's Finest - Welcoming today's discerning traveller with the promise of luxurious solitude & ensuring a relaxing, memorable stay. Basildene Manor, is an historic elegant country manor, set on 14 picturesque acres amidst the rich tapestry of renowned Margaret Rivers vineyards. Nineteen recently refurbished and beautifully appointed rooms are available. Our renowned Basildene Breakfast includes a full cooked a la carte breakfast and fruit buffet, all from the Manor restaurant. Nestled in the valley you will discover our heated outdoor swimming pool and secluded sun deck (avail in summer months), tennis court & lakeside pergola. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Grand Mercure Basildene Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Basildene Manor Hotel Margaret River
- Basildene Manor Margaret River