We stayed 2 nights at Basildene Manor . First room smelt of sewerage in bathroom. Drains were attended to with chemical, but we were not moved until the following night.
Breakfast was beautiful however the attitude of staff on both mornings could be described as "aloof" On the second morning after sitting for 35 minutes, the girl came to advise that she had forgotten our order! At this stage there was only one other couple in the dining room , and she had forgotten their order as well! Not good enough for a 5 * rating........get some friendly AND professional staff.
What a shame Daniella wasn't on duty when we complained. We may have left feeling that our concerns hadn't fallen on deaf ears.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Margaret River's Finest - Welcoming today's discerning traveller with the promise of luxurious solitude & ensuring a relaxing, memorable stay. Basildene Manor, is an historic elegant country manor, set on 14 picturesque acres amidst the rich tapestry of renowned Margaret Rivers vineyards. Nineteen recently refurbished and beautifully appointed rooms are available. Our renowned Basildene Breakfast includes a full cooked a la carte breakfast and fruit buffet, all from the Manor restaurant. Nestled in the valley you will discover our heated outdoor swimming pool and secluded sun deck (avail in summer months), tennis court & lakeside pergola. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Mercure Basildene Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Basildene Manor Hotel Margaret River
- Basildene Manor Margaret River