We first stayed at Basildene Manor about 10 years ago and I was so impressed back then, that when looking for a place to stay for a return visit to the region in June 2014, I didn't hesitate to book there again. Dare I say that I think the experience was even better this time! The property itself is beautiful - gorgeous old building, beautifully landscaped gardens, luxurious comfortable rooms (with big bathrooms) and a great breakfast. But what impressed me most was the warm welcome that we received. We were greeted by Max who, rather than simply pointing us in the direction of the rooms and facilities, gave us a guided tour, including a commentary on the old photos on the walls and colouring in a history of the place for us, as well as making some great local restaurant recommendations. And just to make sure our last impression was as good as the first impression, the farewell gift of freshly baked scones with jam and cream (for the road trip back to Perth), was a really lovely touch. When your leisure time is precious (and who's isn't?), it's so nice to put yourself in the hands of people who really epitomise the word "hospitality". Absolutely the right choice when contemplating a visit to the Margaret River region.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Margaret River's Finest - Welcoming today's discerning traveller with the promise of luxurious solitude & ensuring a relaxing, memorable stay. Basildene Manor, is an historic elegant country manor, set on 14 picturesque acres amidst the rich tapestry of renowned Margaret Rivers vineyards. Nineteen recently refurbished and beautifully appointed rooms are available. Our renowned Basildene Breakfast includes a full cooked a la carte breakfast and fruit buffet, all from the Manor restaurant. Nestled in the valley you will discover our heated outdoor swimming pool and secluded sun deck (avail in summer months), tennis court & lakeside pergola. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Mercure Basildene Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Basildene Manor Hotel Margaret River
- Basildene Manor Margaret River