“Perfect experiance”
Review of Jesters Flat

Jesters Flat
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Just returned from a magical weekend at Jesters Flat. My boyfriend and I camped there as well as going for two rides.
The horses were all gorgeous and lovely. We had only ridden once before but with good instruction and lovely natured horses it was an easy and enjoyable ride - especially when we got to trot. Nothing can quite compare to the experience of riding through a paddock with curious cows wandering over to say hi, roos bounding along over the hills, and a serene little ride through secluded patches of bush - it's hard not to marvel at how perfect it was and how lucky we were to experience something so simple and easy. Definitely something that picks up your souls a little bit. We went on the Twilight Ride and the Drover's Ride, and I couldn't pick a favourite because they were both so special.
After the ride some warm bread and oil and dukkah by the fire, (which I'd forgotten was included, wrapped up in the moment that I was) was a perfect finish.
The staff were beyond accommodating and friendly. Like I said, we camped and while it was probably the windiest and coldest weekend we could've picked, it was easily the best camping facilities, and value for money, I've been to in this region. A converted train cart had a full kitchen and a gorgeous little cast iron pot belly stove to cook our dinner on, very rustic and cute. We were spoilt I think, because of the cold weather we were the only people staying there.
Can't wait to come back with some friends, hoping to make this adventure a yearly thing. Really just a perfect way to spend the weekend, couldn't recommend it enough.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"olive oil"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 10 June 2014

A wonderful experience while at Margaret River. My children and I went for an hour long ride with Paul. Paul explained to us what we needed to do and we were off....it was so much fun ! Along the way my son had a 100 questions for Paul which he patiently answered...After the ride, we sat around for a while enjoying the place, chatting with the staff and having a drink with some delicious bread and roasted nuts.The children roasted marshmallows on the open fire and played till it was time to go. It was a lovely experience.

1  Thank BeachMama322
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I would highly recommend Jesters Flat as a place to go for horse riding - whether you are a beginner or not! The instructors were patient, and pretty soon we were all learning how to trot and canter. My friends and I took to the Twilight ride in the evening and Bushmen ride the following morning. I have never felt so much space around me as the empty fields stretched on for miles which makes it all the more fun for the horses to trot. We were even lucky enough to catch wild emus and kangaroos hiding amongst the bushes. After each ride we were treated to snacking and wine by the campfire... lovely!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Daughter and I had an hour long ride today , first time for at least two years. I can't speak highly enough of this mob , always enjoy their hospitality and professionalism. The place just has a great feel , the horses are healthy and the guides are so helpful. Certainly not the stereotypical riding school. Open fire burning , just wanted to roll the swag out and spend the night.
from the novice rider (me) or an experienced rider (the daughter) they have the horse to suit..
Thanks to the crew at Jesters , the daughter and I have a few more memories and already planning out return trip back..
Cheers
Rob

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Riding at Jesters Flat is a fantastic experience. From a beginner to experienced rider, your needs are fully met. Paul and the girls that take you out on the trails are well experienced and cater to everyone. I took my partner along to one ride and he had never ridden. By the end of the trail he had learnt how to trot. This is a MUST do on your trip in Margaret River. To experience the serene bush land, walking past cattle and kangaroos and being at one with the horse that you're on you can't go wrong. Highly recommend! And very reasonable pricing. Keep up the great work guys!

1  Thank SwansonNewby