“Fun even in the rain”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun even in the rain”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

A great morning, even if it was raining. This was our 11 year old daughters first time at riding and we were a little nervous but the staff (Flick) game her a briefing on how to ride a horse and off they went. After an hours trek our daughter came back full of smiles and is now nagging us to get her riding lessons! Our 3 year old daughter got to ride on Basil, the Shetland pony, and had a great time too.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Clan-in-Clover

• Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“An amazing experience”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My partner and I went to Margaret River and decided to go horse riding. My partner had never ridden before and thoroughly enjoyed it! There were opportunities to trot and canter, but everyone could choose so you didn't feel pressured if you were unsure, and the horses were wonderful! It rained the whole time we were on the ride but that made it all the more enjoyable, my partner laughed every time his horse (George) would try to walk the long way around a puddle instead of getting his hooves wet. My horse (Dakota) was quite fun as well. Dakota was misbehaving a little (stopping all the time or getting too excited and close to the horse in front) at the beginning but once she had settled down and we had an amazing time. I would definitely ride that cheeky horse again! We did the Drovers Ride and it was worth every penny. The dhukka served afterwards was amazing as well! Cannot fault these guys, good job! Will definitely come back here

Visited July 2014
1 Thank nldeacon
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Perfect experiance”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Just returned from a magical weekend at Jesters Flat. My boyfriend and I camped there as well as going for two rides.
The horses were all gorgeous and lovely. We had only ridden once before but with good instruction and lovely natured horses it was an easy and enjoyable ride - especially when we got to trot. Nothing can quite compare to the experience of riding through a paddock with curious cows wandering over to say hi, roos bounding along over the hills, and a serene little ride through secluded patches of bush - it's hard not to marvel at how perfect it was and how lucky we were to experience something so simple and easy. Definitely something that picks up your souls a little bit. We went on the Twilight Ride and the Drover's Ride, and I couldn't pick a favourite because they were both so special.
After the ride some warm bread and oil and dukkah by the fire, (which I'd forgotten was included, wrapped up in the moment that I was) was a perfect finish.
The staff were beyond accommodating and friendly. Like I said, we camped and while it was probably the windiest and coldest weekend we could've picked, it was easily the best camping facilities, and value for money, I've been to in this region. A converted train cart had a full kitchen and a gorgeous little cast iron pot belly stove to cook our dinner on, very rustic and cute. We were spoilt I think, because of the cold weather we were the only people staying there.
Can't wait to come back with some friends, hoping to make this adventure a yearly thing. Really just a perfect way to spend the weekend, couldn't recommend it enough.

Visited June 2014
Singapore, null, Singapore
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Simply wonderful”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

A wonderful experience while at Margaret River. My children and I went for an hour long ride with Paul. Paul explained to us what we needed to do and we were off....it was so much fun ! Along the way my son had a 100 questions for Paul which he patiently answered...After the ride, we sat around for a while enjoying the place, chatting with the staff and having a drink with some delicious bread and roasted nuts.The children roasted marshmallows on the open fire and played till it was time to go. It was a lovely experience.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank BeachMama322
Singapore, Singapore
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Superb!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I would highly recommend Jesters Flat as a place to go for horse riding - whether you are a beginner or not! The instructors were patient, and pretty soon we were all learning how to trot and canter. My friends and I took to the Twilight ride in the evening and Bushmen ride the following morning. I have never felt so much space around me as the empty fields stretched on for miles which makes it all the more fun for the horses to trot. We were even lucky enough to catch wild emus and kangaroos hiding amongst the bushes. After each ride we were treated to snacking and wine by the campfire... lovely!

Visited June 2013