Had a lovely stay. Equipped with the essentials and enjoyed the free wifi (who wouldn't!)
A few minor issues:
1. Kept hearing someone run up and down outside our bedroom late at night (approximately 9:00pm.) probably a staff member as it was not the sound of children's feet and there were barely any other staying patrons nearby.
2. We didn't appreciate not being told the truth as to why the restaurant was unavailable. We rang up twice and were told both times that the bus wasn't back yet (assuming the chef/restaurant manager was on holidays). Didn't bother ringing on our 3rd night. By the last night we were finally informed that the chef was quite unwell hence the reason for the restaurant being closed. It would have made it easier to tell us from the start as we are open and honest people. Obviously divulging details is unnecessary but a simple "our chef is currently unwell" would have sufficed. Being lied to is a huge disappointment to us.
Perhaps look into hiring a temporary chef? Nevertheless, we wish the person a speedy and healthy recovery.
Would like to add a couple of improvements:
1. Basic DVD player! Haha, TV shows aren't want they used to be and the weather constantly interferes with the digital channels.
You could make a small profit out of charging people $2 to rent a DVD if you had a small selection.
2. Maybe a toaster, basic cutlery and a microwave? As we had brought some food but couldn't eat it due to not having these facilities made available. Definitely have the basic cutlery as some families might buy a cake or something to nibble on when they come back to their room and don't like using their fingers!
Other than all that, it was a pleasant stay. Enjoyed the old-style design the room had.
Would also like to thank the cleaners as they did a superb job! Came back to our room each night with our beds neatly made, PJs placed under the pillow and my teddy placed in the middle of the pillows. Was quite nice to receive these homely touches :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 29 Room Motel, four minutes walk from the town centre. Close to everything, good value.Time is of the essence? Ask our friendly staff to narrow down the numerous choices of activities available to suit you, we are here to help you to have the best experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Grange on Farrelly reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Grange On Farrelly Hotel Margaret River
- Comfort Inn Margaret River
- Margaret River Comfort Inn