“great place!”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Margaret River
Singapore, Singapore
“great place!”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Stayed in a king suite at the back of the hotel for 3D2N. Having travelled across WA the past couple of days and staying in different hotels/hostels, the Margaret River hotel was definitely a welcome change. I travelled in a group of 8 and we occupied 4 suites - 2 king and 2 queen suites.

The receptionist was friendly enough (though could be better). Rates were pretty good considering we did not make any prior reservations and the location of the hotel was such that you were able to walk up and down the main street where all the restaurants, supermart and shops were. Rooms were very clean although the one we stayed in had faulty curtains which could not be drawn. Told the receptionist about them but apparently my words fell on deaf ears. As the suites are located in a cluster of short buildings at the back of the hotel, the surronding lightings were quite dark. The main building itself gave an extremely cosy feeling which made it even more appealing as we travelled during the colder months.

Overall a great experience and I will definitely stay in this beautiful hotel again the next time I visit Margaret River.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 5 March 2012

• I booked a what I thought was a King Spa Hotel Room. Upon arriving, I find we have been put in a King Room with Spa in your Holiday Suite. This was not made clear in my booking confirmation.
• Our smoke alarm works. But it seems to work too well, going off twice randomly in our stay there for about a minute each time. Thankfully it was not in the middle of the night it went off.
• My biggest annoyance was that what I thought was a king bed ended up being 2 singles zipped together. The 2 beds were not even at the same height as there was a definite difference. For the price payed and it not being advertised as this, I was EXTREMELY annoyed and disappointed. When I raised this with the lady at the counter, she offered to swap us to a non-spa king room and refund $15 difference. I booked the King Spa room because I wanted a king bed and a spa.

I planned on bringing my girlfriend down to Margaret River for a nice relaxing night away, which ended up being a bit more eventful than planned, and unfortunately I can’t say I’ll be recommending the Margaret River Hotel to anyone else to stay at.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Margaret River hotels

Reviewed 22 February 2012

Good clean, basic accommodation on the main street of Margaret River township. Rooms are for retreating to following a day's activities in the region. They are basic but contain comfortable beds and a small kitchenette and clean bathroom.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I recently stayed in Margaret River for four nights. There was a very large group of us ... 130 guests ... staying at various locations. The Margaret River Hotel was the meeting place each evening and we had several meals and drinks during the 4 days. The food was quite good but the staff we very, very rude. On the final evening ... Sunday night ... 20 of us went there for dinner and were in an alcoved room. At 9 pm the staff were extremely rude and told us that we had to leave. Now, I know that you might be thinking that we were intoxicated and misbehaving .... but we were actually well behaved and completely shocked at their rude attitude. Next time I go to that area I will stay in another town. In general we found most shops and eating places to have very rude staff. How disappointing for future tourism!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lyn M
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed here in October 2010 for one night as a last minute decision as the other place we were meant to check into (after hours) had forgotten to leave our key out...... So considering it was late at night and we were very annoyed, Margeret River hotel was very helpful. It was late and they were able to give us a room. The rooms are located at the back of the hotel and are quite good. I don't think they are worth the money, but the location is so good in the centre of town, rooms are really big with a comfy bed and big bathroom. Good basic and clean accomodation. By the looks of other photos it seems they have done up some of the rooms maybe request one of these rooms. The hotel restaurant has really good food too! You can hear a little noise from your room from the live music from the bar, but this didn't bother us. There is better places to stay in Margaret River but this is OK if you want basic clean spacious accomodation in the centre of town

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank S B
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We stayed here for 1 night while touring WA. The room was large and clean but the heating was not working. We asked reception to look into it which they did and reset the settings but this had little to no affect on the cold room we stayed in. We stacked the blanks and toughed through it. The location was right in the heart of town and close to several shops as well as the wineries and other attractions close by. There is a great restaurant that is part of the hotel which was included as part of the deal we had with the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We recently had dinner at the Margaret River Hotel restaurant and it was FANTASTIC. We had the mushroom bruchetta to start, then my husband had the steak and I had salt and pepper squid.. We also had a gorgeous bottle of wine. It was hard to choose which such a large menu.

We received exceptional service from the staff even though it was really busy. Would recommend eating and staying at this hotel. Its definitely worth it.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple