“really really bad, rundown and very questionable guests”

Inne Town Backpackers
Perth, Australia
“really really bad, rundown and very questionable guests”
Reviewed 16 December 2012

This is possibly one of the worst places i have ever stayed. The review below regarding the vomit and drunken louts is the truest i have read so far. permanent fixtures of alcoholic/homeless looking people, travellers living their ''dream'' of the working holiday and beds and sheets that have faded with the sands of time into desperate oblivion, trying to decompose so that they can too can escape the awfulness of this situation. we saw all rooms, all looked equally dirty, over crowded, damp, dark and uninviting. We eventually were given a room that was the best of a bad lot, sharing with a couple who had been living there for three months. We too debated sleeping in the car, when faced with a floor that looked like it hadnt been swept or cleaned in about three weeks, a fly wire screen that was falling off and a bed where the springs dug into your ribs. The kitchen was clean but the fridge looked like it should have been thrown out a long long time ago. The man working there was friendly but was obviously unamused by our shock at the state of this hostel. The female toilets were mildly clean if you didnt stare too long at the corners of the cubicles. I kept thinking ... i would love to bulldoze this place and actually build something decent. we left as early as possible every morning and only returned when we couldnt drink any more at the pub to ease the pain of what we had to go back to . very sad place.

Room Tip: Unfortunately there are no good options here.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank redfeathers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Narrogin, Western Australia
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I didn't have much choice when I booked this accommodation through the Tourist Bureaux. The rest of the town was booked solid with a food festival. I booked a private double room for $85/night.

The room (Rm5) had a double bed with a single bunk above it. The room had a bad, stale sort of a smell when I entered. Luckily, the weather was warm so I could leave the window open. The room was generally rundown. I guess this is to be expected from a backpackers. It was my first time in one so I can't compare it with others. The pillows and the (double) mattress were flat and not very comfortable. There was a small fridge in the cupboard, a fan, a tv with only 2 channels and a DVD player (I didn't use).

The shared bathroom was in a right state. I could see that it is cleaned at least once a day, but they didn't last clean for long. With the amount of drinking it wasn't surprising to see them turn into a mess so quick. I didn't use any of the other common areas but the kitchen looked presentable and well used.

The accommodation is well located at the bottom of the main street.Next door is an awesome bakery/cafe that makes a great feed. Parking is tight, but free on street parking is available. The manager is friendly and helpful.

This accommodation is more suited to the young partygoer who is keen on drinking, or someone looking for a budget stay without any frills (like a clean toilet). I can't see myself (as a middle aged person) wanting to stay more than one night.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank thestretchman
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 14 November 2012

IF YOU ARE A LONELY PATHETIC SLOB THAT WANTS FRIENDS OF THE SAME GUILD STAY HERE...Otherwise please read on and bring a tent to Margaret River.
My friend and I were in a hurry to make it down to Margaret River for a morning meet up with a local band and we needed a place to stay for the night which happened to be Saturday. Now we arrived around 10 pm and stayed in a shared dorm room. The place had a real tired look to it, you could almost see the bleached absolution of vomit, urine and excrement from years of abusive, inbred travellers doing the three months hard labour visa extension in the region.Upon encountering our lodging, we were greeted by a young pickled man pretending to urinate into a glass with his cask of wine next to my available bed. 'Pete' was highly friendly and had been there for three weeks already, waiting to get a bottom bunk, it was just a really sad place. On the theme of excess, on one of my few trips to the shared bathroom that evening, I encountered the only available basin block full of fresh vomit, I truly felt sorry for the lucky staff member who got the clean up after that wretched excuse for an alcohol filter that did that. It was a tragic place, a net for like-minded alcoholics who were searching for some kind of meaning to their existence but could not be more inconsiderate by aggressively shouting about and arguing non-stop outside my room until I passed out from sheer exhaustion at 3 o'clock in the morning. It was freezing cold that evening, yet the window was open due to the stale beer smell emitting from the dorm room. I slept in my clothes because I knew the dim lights of the room hid the sheer potential horrors of those sheets. As I lay awake desperately trying to mentally cause the lively troop outside a communal brain aneurysm, I debated the pros and cons of hypothermia of sleeping in the van...At 6am we rushed out of that place narrowly avoiding the complementary breakfast. Margaret River is a beautiful place, but everywhere has it's ugly spots.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank metazorion
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 6 September 2012

"Come as a stranger and leave as a friend!" that was the first thing I read, when I arrived at the hostel in margaret river. And what can I say its true.

The hostel is located at the main street of MR, just a few minutes from pubs, supermarkets or other spots in the town.
The staff is very friendly, helpfull and cleans every day the whole hostel.

I stayed there for 3 month and I could never complain about the situation there and the conditions of the facilities. If you have a problem with something, just talk to Keiran (the manager) and he will fix it, if he can.

When I came to this hostel I thought that I will stay there for one week and than switch to a share house or so, but I decided to stay there, because I felt like home there and I never regret it!

I'm still thinking about the good time I had and I will never forget "the best place INNETOWN" :)

Cheers!

Room Tip: room 8 has its own tv and fridge, room 2 has its own fridge. room 3 is in front of the kitchen is n...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Margaret River, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 23 July 2012

very friendly atmosphere, helpful staff, kept clean and the location is great. close to shops bars cafes etc and directly opposite the information centre. 5 minute drive from beach. Difficult place to leave!!!!

Best place 'Innetown' !

Room Tip: Room 8 forever!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Rob S
Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2012

i loved staying here its so friendly and it's perfect for long term accomadation in margaret river. perfect location for holidays. its like a family. ive been here for 3 months and still love everyday at this place. very clean, ive never heard anyone complain about bed bugs.
its less of a hostel and more of a home,in all honestly it can get a bit noisey sometimes on weekends but people will ussually be respectfull and wont keep you up all night. i would definately recomend it to anyone looking for a fun place to stay in margaret river.

Room Tip: room 3 is located adjecent to the kitchen which means that there is always people talking outside th...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Nick S
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I was planning to stay in the hostel. The first thing was, that I made a booking on internet, but never heard something of it. So I just walked by. I was suppose to wait 2 hours to check in, because the check in was from 5 pm. But I wanted to wait, so I dropped my bags in the common room. In the common room there were some guys watching telly and when I said hi, no one said hi back. Later, some girls started talking to me about how boring it was etc. They were very negative. Not much later this old guy (I think it was a psychiatric client or something) who kin of 'lived' lived there started talking and didn't stop.
I took a look around the hostel and it looked all very old! I decided not stay and walked away to an other hostel.

Stayed November 2011, travelled solo