“Excellent Staff, Excellent Beer”

Cheeky Monkey Brewery and Cidery
More attraction details
Owner description: Cheeky Monkey Brewery is for everyone! Beer, Cider, Wine and mouthwatering meals from our Restaurant. Kick back and relax while the kids play free on the playground!
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was in Margaret River about two weeks back and wanted to comment on the exceptional service we received at Cheeky Monkey. When Ross, the assistant brewer and bar manager heard that I was really into beer, and had worked in the industry, he stopped what he was doing and took over for another server, who was busy serving a few other customers. He walked me through each beer, answering technical questions and providing a brief history of every beverage. He was clearly busy, but spent about 20 minutes with me and my family and I can't thank him enough. Other staff members helped my dad pick out a great glass of wine as he is not much of a beer drinker. It was by far the best experience we had at any brewery in the Margaret River and there were plenty we thoroughly enjoyed. Thanks to Ross (I hope I'm getting that name right) and the rest of the staff at Cheeky Monkey. We will send folks your way. The beers were delicious.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We called in here for a quick lunch during a visit to the Margaret River and were pleasantly surprised. Although it was school holidays and moderately busy the staff were pleasant and the service quick. The pizza was delicious and sitting outside with a glass of cider was delightful . Open vineyard views were gorgeous and it would be easy to spend quite a few hours with the playground to entertain children. Killerby wine tasting was friendly, informative and we were happy to buy a luggage size sample box of semillon for later! The store also sold some nice nibbles to accompany the wine. All in all a lovely spot for a relaxing meal.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Surprised to see some negative comments as my family had a very good experience.

I did not have the seemingly controversial beer tasting tray but had two pints. Can not remember beer names, but one was a brown ale type that was very nice. The other was a type of pilsener, wheat, lager that I think was one of the best beers I have ever had - if you know me, that is quite a statement. Wife enjoyed the cider.

Food was very tasty, reliable and good quality. Not cheap, but certainly better than most in the area and on par for cost for any of the area's brewery, cidery, winery, restaurant, café, etc.

Playground was fantastic for kids, and there were plenty of options to sit for your food and drink - whether you wanted air-con, sunshine, shade, protection or a vista to the water, vineyard or playground.

The Killerby wine store has good tasting and shopping experience - I got a nice case of SSB on special.

Sometimes the staff do appear bewildered with it all, but I would say this is possibly the best place of its type in the area (particularly with casual family friendly atmosphere).

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Bought two tasting trays of beer 5 x 100 ML glases all the beer had very similar taste and left a very bitter after taste in your mouth would not recommend the beer but the setting and view was very nice . Wife enjoyed the wine tasting and purchased a couple of bottles to take home

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Lovely location and playground for children, but $20 for a burger that was over cooked with no sides and falling apart, is disgusting to say the least. Tasting paddle of beers with five samples. Umm there is six beers to choose from??? Ripping people off just because it is located in Margaret river. Won't see me back.