“Second trip - even less convinced” 2 of 5 bubbles

The Grace of India
Price range: US$14 - US$26
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Perth, Australia
“Second trip - even less convinced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

I gave it a 3 last time.

Went again and for me it was a 2.

The mains were ok-ish (lamb sag ok, chicken tikka masala was far too creamy), the starters (mixed platter of samosas, pakoras, chicken tikka and bhajis) were okish as well but just too far away from the authentic article - particularly the chicken tikka and the pakoras which I was trying to figure out what they were for a little while.

In the end with nan and rice on top we spent $85 for two without alcohol which compared poorly for value with other places we ate in the MR region this weekend.

Decor is nothing exciting, which doesn't bother me in restaurants where the food is the star of the show but you can't say that here.

I'll try Maharaja next time I fancy Indian in MR.

Visited August 2013

“Fantastic dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

Dined with husband, daughter and son-in-law on Saturday 16 June and we had a simply fantastic meal. We love our Indian food!!! The staff were attentive and the menu, though small, was great. Can definitely recommend the Dhal Makhani. It was nice and tasty. Our only complain was the restaurant was too warm, and I'm a cold bugger at the best of times! Will return on our next visit for sure.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Richo
Bondi, Australia
“Very Nice Indian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

Food was very good but if you are eating in don't go by the prices in the take-a-way menu. About $5 per dish more expensive. We spent $91 for 3 mains, 1 nan, 2 rices and 2 pepsis. I had the mango chicken which was great and the others liked theirs too, beef vindaloo asked not too hot and a vegetarian korma. This place is expensive by Sydney standards but very reasonable for the area we are in. The waitress was very nice and helpful, the dishes a good size and very presentable.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Augusta, Australia
“Best Indian food I have had in a long time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

The atmosphere in the restaurant was lovely. We had wonderful service. There was heaps of food for all and extremely tasty.
Cost for a family is very reasonable..

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Bernice G
Perth, Australia
“Wife loved it, I was less convinced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2013

To be fair, you could get a lot worse in country Australia but of our three dishes I'd say one was good (lamb saag), one was ok (chicken curry) and one was weak (dahl).

Its not that authentic, but could suit Australian tastes.

byo.