“Lots to try before you buy”
Review of Vasse Virgin

Vasse Virgin
Ranked #11 of 53 Tours in Margaret River
More attraction details
Owner description: The Vasse Virgin Soap Factory is nestled amongst picturesque grape vines and olive trees within the heart of the Margaret River and Geographe Bay tourism region. Visitors can overlook the unique working factory and watch the soap making process, from manufacture through to the individually hand packaged finished products. We have a large range of luxurious skin care products to test and try. So much more than just a soap factory, we now have the gourmet food tasting room where you can find a range of olive oils, tapenades and table olives. We now also accept Union Pay cards in store.
Perth, Australia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Lots to try before you buy”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We have visited Margaret River many times and never been here before, we were very pleasantly suprised with all the products they make and sell. There is the olive oil skincare products, which you are allowed to try and all the yummy olive oils, olives and related food products nearly all of which you can taste. The presents you buy for others will be eaten before you get home and you will certainly have to return for more !!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Local Natural Quality”
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Very impressed with these beautiful Local Products...
Surprised with the range .. Staff were genuinely helpful.. Pure natural local products to be proud of.. A must visit ..
Senses are aroused ... Taste, Smell and Feel...

Canberra, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We visited Vasse Virgin although I was initiall reluctant - my husband prefers olive-oil based soaps for his skin but I feared we had walked into just another "smelly soap shop". However I was quickly converted by a) looking at the labels and seeing the absence of parabens and other nasties on every label and b) the very clever sinks allowing you to try out scrubs, balms and other excellent products. I walked out having spent much more than I would normally spend on skin products, and yet (unlike other skincare purchases) I use these products every single day (usually I forget after a few weeks), and my skin is clearly enjoying the absence of fillers and artificial additives. At first I felt the products were very expensive, however common sense tells me that the price is reasonable given the high quality, handmade products without preservatives. In hindsight, most of the usual allergens/irritants/fillers are added because they make products cheaper to make than using better ingredients such as this. That and the fact that $40 for a massive jar of balm which I actually use is better value than $10 for a small tube of something in the supermarket that I don't really like and never seem to finish.

The ability to watch products being made is an excellent touch, as is the separate tasting area for food products. The range of olive oils are excellent, and the dukkah and pickled olive varieties very tasty. We were very glad we found this store, and will continue to buy from mail order now that we are home.

Visited July 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great skincare! Wonderful staff and beautiful olive oils...”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Visited vasse virgin today and was truly impressed by the quality of their skincare, variety and the knowledge of their staff. The skincare is more than affordable $29 for a jar of hand made moisturiser with no nasties! Their olive oils and vinegars are to impress also! Will be ordering their products online when I run out :)
Great place to visit! A must try!

Green Point, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Take your pick.....”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

The range of products to sample was amazing. Various hand/body and facial creams for all skin types. Well presented basin area to sample soaps and scrubs. Move into the back area to sample pesto/olive oil's/dressings/olives and the list goes on. The young lady on floor was very knowledgable on all the products and happy to answer any questions we had.
Yes! I will agree with some previous reviews that products were a bit pricey. But we were more then happy to pay this when I considered that this is a small business and most of the labelling/packaging is done by hand and not on a machine run production line. All products were well presented and labelled.
I will definitely be ordering products online. Only negative is that the Macadamia Pesto can not be shipped to the East Coast.

Visited July 2013