“unwelcoming and bad service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Camelot Motor Lodge Palmerston North
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Don't bother stopping at this place keep driving the pictures on the website are deceiving its dirty and unclean the doors on the rooms didn't even lock properly hows that safety for you the owner is very rude,unfriendly and unhelpful he thought it was ok to let himself in to my room without knocking or any notice in advance he gave you no privacy he didn't even think there was anything wrong with it when i approached him about it he said he was doing his job more like being a nosy pervert!! Worst of all while we were staying there our room and others there were broken into and our documents were taken our id's passports and phones while we were out to tea we were disgusted by the way he handled the situation it was like he didn't even care we thought it was him or someone he knew who did it he shouldn't even be running a business hes very dodgy and i would not in a million years recommend this a place to stay while in palmy.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank rosa r

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a week due to business, was paid from my new company. I have never felt such disrespect staying at a motel. The place was dirty, the sheets didn't smell clean, the dishes were only half washed! But that was not the worst of it. The manager of the motel felt it was appropriate to walk in whenever he saw fit with only two minor knocks. No privacy at all I was shocked especially due to my wife being there alone at times. We were encouraged to vacuum our own room and received endless smart comments regarding unwashed plates, which was just a small scale of disrespect I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone the man seems like he is nice at the start but has a horrible attitude and personality towards his guests I am very disgusted and disappointed and would urge everyone to chose anywhere else in this area.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank inarad23
Reviewed 20 January 2014

A good experience that started with the booking. Willie took my details over the phone and I knew instantly that I'd enjoy my stay here. Its a well situated within the CBD. The motel is priced at a similar level to many other Palmerston North Motels but its location is what makes it my preference.

Room Tip: The studio's are large. Ask for a room at the rear of the complex to avoid any road noise. I had...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

And friendly hosts, not more than three stars, but gets five stars for cleanliness and hospitality. Don't write it off!
We stayed next to a noisy family, who left early but weren't too organised, so hollered for an hour
The place was clean, the bed was comfy and we would stay again

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank julznz
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Another trip to Palm Nth and again great hosts. Nothing is too much trouble for Willie and they go out of their way to make you welcome. Clean and tidy rooms would highly recommend for a reasonably priced accommodation.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This is a motel I can always guarantee will make my stay in Palmerston North far more enjoyable. The service from Willie and Peggy always make me feel welcome, and the rooms are always clean and tidy.

While I usually book a studio room, the bathroom is well fitted out, including a Spa Bath (which, admittedly, I'm far too tall for, but I'm sure many travellers enjoy).

The beds are comfortable, with the custom head-boards a nice touch.

Always accomodating me with an early check in, where possible, the service is exemplary, especially since the average price I pay is $110/night.

Highly Recommended

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This is our second stay & once again another enjoyable stay. Friendly owners & nothing is a problem to them. Supplied us with a street map as we had left our map at home.The units are very well appointed. The property is very close to the city centre.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple