“Handy location to Massey and great service”

Harringtons Motor Lodge
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Palmerston North
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I stayed here two nights. The motel is on the University end of Fitzherbert Avenue, rather than the town end, which suited me. The room was spotless and modern. The cooked breakfast I had was generous and delicious. The couple running the motel made a huge, positive difference to my stay with their careful and kind service - simple things like greeting me by name when they brought me breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank hrpmrl
WehaveAhome4you, Owner at Harringtons Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. Feedback is always appreciated as this helps others to make informed decisions. Pleased you enjoyed the Brekkie. Keith does a great job with his 'Chef" hat on.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

Only stayed a night but was able to sample the friendly welcome from the hosts who wanted to help me.

i arrived by bus in the centre of town and the motel is quite a walk from there so be prepared for that.

If I ever go back to Palmerston North, I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
WehaveAhome4you, Owner at Harringtons Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review and thank you for your recommendation. Re the15 - 20 minute walk with luggage in tow - It's a shame you didn't grab another bus as they stop right outside our motel complex. Safe travels... Keith and Brony

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Stayed one night when on business and booked based on the Trip Advisor rating. Very friendly and helpful owners. It was a little way out of the main centre. The room was spacious, immaculate and had everything I needed so can't be faulted. Very reasonable price too. The only thing was the decor was a little old fashioned, which certainly didn't affect how comfortable it was, but I guess I would have liked something a bit more modern. When you are travelling by yourself this is quite important to me. Also a niggly thing was the coffee cups were the heavy "ex railway" style.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
WehaveAhome4you, Owner at Harringtons Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Jo appreciate you taking the time to post your review. Pleased you found the room everything you needed. Decor - we did 1/2 of the units last year and are waiting (due in 6 weeks I have been told) for new bedspreads, drapes and comforters for the remaining Executive units.
Laughed at your 'ex railway' style coffee cup comment - personally I do not like them either but we get so many comments that it's good to get a decent size coffee cup...... :-)

Reviewed 15 March 2013

This is a very clean, very well organised and pleasant motel not too far from the centre of Palmerston North. It was quiet and the couple who run it are extremely helpful and good to deal with. I would recommend this without hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your recommendation, we enjoyed your visit with us, safe travels....

Reviewed 6 March 2013

We booked this motel on the strength of the recommendations on Trip Advisor, and we were not disappointed. The room was very clean, the bed was extremely comfortable, and the shower was EXCELLENT. The room contained a well-appointed kitchenette with coffee and biscuits and dishes for use. The room was very spacious as well. Bronwyn went out of her way to accommodate our late arrival and was extremely friendly and helpful on several counts. On our departure day, she looked at our route with us and recommended a lovely hike on our way that we could use to take a break from driving, and it was perfect. Absolutely can recommend for anyone coming through Palmerston North.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
WehaveAhome4you, Owner at Harringtons Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Lesa, thank you for your recommendations in this reveiw. Pleased you enjoyed the walk around Lake Rotopounamu (Turangi area). Our family have enjoyed many walks around this beautiful lake with picnics at the little beach 1/2 way around the walk. Safe travels.... Keith and Brony.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

Myself and Husband spent a night here to celebrate being married for one whole year. Keith the owner was a real sweaty and really made us feel like we were on a second honeymoon. While the place wasn't as luxury as we expected, it was clean and tidy and very reasonable priced. while we will try somewhere new for next year, fingers crossed we will still be together :) i would reccomend this place to anybody who wants a nice clean lovely place, close to town,

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Molly J, exciting to be married for one whole year. Keith and I have last week celebrated our 41st wedding anniversary but I do well remember the excitement of our very first wedding anniversary... a long time ago. :-) We don't claim to be 'luxury' accommodation but feel that Harringtons is an honest Qualmark 4 Star and priced accordingly. Wish you both well...

Reviewed 8 January 2013

Keith and Bronwyn are great hosts and go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and relaxed. Nothing was a problem. They treat you like a family member.
I stayed twice in two weeks. Arrived late from Australia for a week, the first time with my partner, ending up with the same room we stayed in a few years ago. Lovely room (separate lounge and bedroom). Considering only a late request and half an hours notice, everything was ready to go by the time we got there.
When we left the following Friday, I arranged a room for the next day for my son from Auckland who was coming down to see his Nana. Sadly, she passed away the next morning and I had to cancel this via email. We had given Keith a bag with goodies in it to give to my son, so I told him just to keep it.
Got home Friday evening and Mum passed Saturday morning, so arranged to fly back to NZ by myself, booked a one bedroom unit with Keith, via email, for 4 days.
When I arrived, I was given my goodies bag from the previous week.
The whole experience with Keith and Bronwyn was very professional, yet relaxing.
We would recommend this to anyone who is passing through, whether it is long term or just overnight.
Thanks Keith and Bronwyn.
Unfortunately, we didn't get to the Elm Cafe, but here's hoping next time.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Steve, the 1 Bed Exec Spa you stayed in is always a popular unit choice with guests. We appreciate your feedback - it was a pleasure having you and your family to stay with us during this difficult period. Hope we get to meet again under different circumstances..... Keith and Brony.