“Very clean and central”

Kiwi Studios Motel
Kiwi Studios Motel
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Palmerston North
Reviewed 10 May 2012

The first comment I would like to make is on the welcome we got when we arrived at the Kiwi Studios on Anzac day, the girl who was on the front desk, I think her name was Shelley was so welcoming and that is something that has stuck with me since returning back to Australia.
The rooms were very modern and clean and I would not change a thing about them. The location is perfect and we did not hear much noise at all, guess some people have to complain about something, but we found the beds were comfortable and the place was clean and what more could you want. There were plenty of places to choose to eat within walking distance of this motel and the walk into the main hub of the town is within 2 - 5 minutes, so what more could a family want. We come to Palmerston North often with family living there, so we will be back to book at this complex again that is for sure.
Thanks for the wonderful hospitality of your motel

Room Tip: Any room I am sure would be of good quality
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 May 2012

We have stayed at Kiwi Studios twice and certainly will return. Clean, comfortable accomodation, convenient for all the amenities of Palmerston North.
Hosts friendly and are able to provide a lovely sumptuous breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I recently spent a couple of nights at the Kiwi Studios on business. The location is very central to the main shopping area of Palmerston North city which is great for convenience but loud at night come tipping out time from the local boozers, which is OK, as long as you don't have any early start the next day which I did. I booked a studio room which was a bit cave like, with a few annoying features like no light switches anywhere near the bed. But, at $99 a night, I thought I was probably getting what I'd paid for, so shouldn't complain!! Then the light in the kitchenette area didn't work, and the kitchen tap decided to go full throttle and wouldn't turn off after I filled the kettle...in the ensuing battle I ended up soaking wet as did the floor around the kitchen area. I did win though! The towels were threadbare and the soap dispensers empty, but...the room was spotlessly clean, the bed was comfortable and the staff were really friendly. I think in the scheme of things, I would probably book somewhere else next time I have to stay in Palmerston North and pay a little extra for better maintenance.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2012

we travelled from Wellington, not knowing the area at all. Saw Kiwi Studios and thought that it was in a great location and sp booked for two nights. We had a two bedroom ground floor studio and found is to be great. Even though we did not use the kitchen for cooking, should we have wanted to everything was there. Bathroom was small but very adequate. free wifi was an added bonus as was the friendly staff. I witnessed a 15 metro vehicle arrive and the lass in reception was so concerned to get this vehicle into the car ark without hindering any of the other guests. We were so happy another only with the accommodation and service, but the whole experience that we stayed an extra night. LOVE Palmerston North and everything about our stay there. We are from Adelaide in South Australia and are traveling up to Wellington for the Speedway at Western Springs Stadium on March 31st.
Lynne and Darryl Keane. March 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynne K
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Bed was comfortable, room was clean. Seemed to be missing the little things, toilet roll was empty, no conditioner in bathroom. Central location was great , however this was offset by the traffic noise throughout the night. Rates are reasonable. Overall not bad.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Samantha H
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Arrived from Wellington, informed reception I would be leaving early the next morning and would like to settle my account then. Having booked on line my credit card details were required, so when I was only charged for the breakfast I had just ordered, I thought nothing of it as it is normal practice to debit your credit card for the room.
The following day, I received a call from the motel saying I had skipped without paying and how was I going to rectify this. I drove 80km back to the motel to pay for the stay.
While staff were pleasant, they need to be more aware of their systems. Will not stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Robert L
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Drove up from Wellington at the start of February and had to take the last room available on a Tuesday night. It was a one-bedroom suite. It was a little bit awkward carrying luggage up around 20 steps to the first floor. My other half nearly fell when suddenly the carpeted balcony walkway outside the rooms drops down without warning around 75 mm. The suite was small and quite warm even though it was later in the afternoon and when we went to turn on the air-conditioning, we realised that the units were heating only. The only window in the bedroom was a wind out small window right at the top of the room. I could imagine that in the heat of summer the unit could become rather stifling as there was a distinct lack of ventilation without causing security concerns. Wi-Fi worked well and this property had a distinct advantage in being absolutely central to town providing easy access to shops and restaurants.
I am not sure about the cleanliness-we found hairs on the towels and bed and in the spa. Fortunately, they seemed to be hairs from the head and not from other areas of the body. This was probably more due to lack of attention to detail than anything.
Noise was a little bit of a problem because it was on the main road and cleaning trucks were going around early in the morning

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business