“Great Palmy asset”

Victoria Esplanade Gardens
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Beautiful gardens, great cafe and walks/cycle paths that cater for all. Also has a great kids playground. Love running along the river.

There are newer reviews for Victoria Esplanade Gardens

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have lost count of the number of times I have been to the Esplanade Gardens...starting when I was 5 years old. It is still a great place to spend a few hours and brings back many great memories . I go there whenever I'm in New Zealand.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We visit the Victoria Esplanade almost every time we go to Palmerston North and it is offers a lot for families. The playground is fantastic and the gardens beautiful. On our recent trip it was just my husband and I and we went for a walk along the river which is accessible from the esplanade. It was a great track and had lovely sights as well as information along the track. Highly recommend for families or anyone just wanting to enjoy some time out in a beautiful environment. A true asset to the city.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were taken sightseeing by a friend. Even in the winter the gardens are beautiful, all very spacious & well kept. The trees, those that still had their leaves were gold & russet & would be even more stunning in the summer. The little train was not running but would be a fun ride

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I spent 3 years in Palmy very long time ago for my study. Whenever I felt bad, I escaped to this park. It was nice, quiet and peaceful. I loved the rose garden especially during summer time when all the roses bloomed. I still think of their scent in my dream sometime. Another thing I liked was the raw of cherry trees as we don't have that in our country. When the spring season arrived I love watching and smelling the cherry flowers.

I returned to Palmy after more than 10 years and didn't miss to visit Esplanade garden. I found almost all the trees were still there along with the same environment. That' s really impressive and fulfill my wish. Other parks may be far more beautiful but Esplanade garden is my best!