“Good budget motel”
Review of Aztec Motel

Aztec Motel
Aztec Motel
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night, while travelling.
The motel is basic but good value, across the road from the hospital and close to the city centre.
Our room had a comfortable King bed in the separate bedroom and 2 singles in the lounge.
There was a wall heater in the lounge and an electric heater in the bedroom, although the managers hadn't turned these on, so when we arrived, it was a bit like walking into a fridge.
There was a self contained kitchen and a small dining area.
It's not The Hilton, but for an overnighter or a base while visiting a sick relative it's just fine.

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Had booked unit earlier-No.4 for my family on 17/4. Scheduled for day only surgery at hospital.Drove over to Palmy from Carterton but had to undergo surgery at 10am. Arrived at motel at 9.15 am just to ask permission to park my vehicle. Owners were so kind that they allowed my wife and young son to check in. Stayed for a day.
Had to return to Palmy again by ambulance on 21/4 as infection had set in. My wife had contacted them prior to departure from Carterton. Could not provide fixed no. of days due to my medical circumstances. Arrived late - I was rushed in for admission at hospital. Wife and young son checked in at Aztec around 7pm. Owners were so kind and helpful that they took my wife and son to New World to get some foodstuff as it was getting late.They were checked into Unit 16. After 3 days, I was discharged and the owners came to the unit to enquire if I was improving. We were waiting for family friends from Wellington to take us back to Carterton.
In short, A very rare kind of service with a great personal touch. Highly impressed!!

Room Tip: In close proximity to the hospital. Very clean rooms,great service and not too close to the main roa...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2014

On first appearance from the street I was a bit apprehensive. However, my unit #5 was excellent. Two bedrooms and could sleep 7. My daughter in unit #19 was a smaller unit, but still nice. Would certainly stay again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Have just stayed another 4 nights at Aztec Motel for the second time. I firstly chose this Motel for its location near Hospital, and where I needed to go in Palmerston North and then because is was all ground floor units. I have vowed to never again stay in upstairs/downstairs motels again as get sick of the noise above me.
Have found Anne and Phil excellent hosts and willing to help with any problems or requests for information.
I have booked the kitchenette units and find them very clean and the beds comfortable. It is one of the few motels that I have not had to wash the utensils and dishes before I use them.
I am surprised at the little extras Anne and Phil provide such as paper towels in the kitchen and fresh air spray in the loo - neither of which I have ever had in any other motel in my travels - and even salt and pepper. Another nice touch is the biscuits left each day to enjoy with the tea or coffee sachets supplied.
I would have no hesitation in recommending Aztec and will certainly return there to stay on my next visit to Palmerston North.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This motel is well situated opposite the hospital and only a short drive to 'Palmy' CBD. Our room contained a very comfortable queen size bed and a single bed. It has a small kitchen with two burner cook top, microwave,frig and tea/coffee facilities. The shower and toilet are separate and spotlessly clean.
I had trouble accessing the internet via their wifi and the owners were most helpful in supplying a thumb drive aerial that fixed the problem. There is a fee for the internet.
The rooms were very comfortable and would be ideal for a one or two night stop over in Palmerston North. It is situated on a busy road but there was no road noise once inside the unit
I would stay here again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MicknOlga
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We spent 1 night at this real nice motel and could not fault the service or our room.The owner pointed out a fantastic restaurant which he as recommended to heaps of other travellers.
Our room was very well appointed, would not hesitate to stay there again.Real value for money.

Room Tip: Any of these rooms, theyre all good
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I have been staying at the Aztec for about 10years and find the hosts most abliging and friendly. the rooms have what i need and are comfortable. Beds are good and thats what you need. I will be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Anne L, Manager at Aztec Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments and look forward to your next stay