“excellent staff and stay”

Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Palmerston North
Taihape
“excellent staff and stay”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

WE stayed here the night of 28th June and found the staff exceptional from the young ladies at check in to the lovely young lady in the breakfast room. Breakfast was superb as was the room and great water pressure in the shower. We will stay again soon. We got a great B&B rate of $125 online well worth it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Rean V, General Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear Kyan Taihape
Thank you for taking the time to review following your recent stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our great team. We enjoy what we do and feedback such as yours certainly encourage us every day, so thank you for taking the time to share with us. We look forward to your return visit to the hotel

Rean Vorster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Cambridge New Zealand
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I stayed here on Sunday 23 June 2013 and Monday 24 June 2013, When I checked in the receptionist was wonderful . Then I walked into my allocated room (room 223) and found it to be very dim some of the light bulbs had blown which was no biggie. Then I looked at the bed and had my suspicions that it had not been freshly made, and then I saw the bedside tables had crumbs on them and were also very dusty so I was starting to think this room had not been cleaned. Then I noticed the floor had not been vacuumed. Then I thought I would check the minibar and low and behold there was a half filled bottle of coke the white wine was missing and then I thought hang on a minute I will get charged for this so I decided to go and let the front desk know so I would not be charged and also to let them know this room had not been cleaned. BUT THEN I THOUGHT I WILL CHECK THE BATHROOM !! I was not impressed at all the bathroom had not been cleaned the toilet was dirty and had big black hairs all over it. So that was it my thoughts were I am out of here. I went down to the front desk and told the young lady about my findings and suggested she go and check the room. Well I must say without hesitation I was upgraded and moved to another room (room 210) which was also a suite, thank you very much. This room was clean and very nice. The only problem I had was the room was freezing and the air conditioning was not working properly, I had it on 30degrees and it blew cool air all night, I told reception in the morning apparently maintenance had supposedly fixed it but no it was the same the next evening as well. I was freezing once again. I suggest your staff spend a night in this suite and you will then find out how cold it is.
THE POSITIVES the staff were excellent (except some cleaning staff) and the restaurant was excellent, their customer service skills are wonderful.
I own an accommodation business so I know how things work and also how important cleanliness is.
Regards
Lee-Anne

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Dear Leeanne 104

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Travelodge Palmerston North. We appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with us.
We always appreciate feedback from our guests even if it’s not great feedback; it gives us the opportunity to improve the product we offer for future guests. I have investigated the reason your room where not cleaned to our high standards and we have put in place new procedures to make sure we don’t let this happen again in the future. WE are also currently looking into new air con units for all our rooms that will have a bigger effect on the room temperature especially during the cold winter months.
Thanks again for taking the time to comment on your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Cambridge, New Zealand
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Normally stay away from large accommodation like this BUT our stay was fabulous . From checkin and wonderful staff to room to lounge bar and meals.all 9/10. High recommendation. Pasta main, wonderful house bar and good whiskey selection. Flat Screen in Bar needing replacing and adding Mac Hot Rocker beer could squeeze you a 10/10. And try out the old lift after your wonderful sleep in what was a very comfortable bed for us. We will be back soon.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear KM
Thanks for reviewing the hotel I am pleased you had a pleasant experience and the hotel suited your needs. It’s always good to get positive feedback from our guests. We do pride ourselves on our team friendliness, and I will pass you’re feedback on to our team
WE will look into our TV in the bar area and see what we could do to improve and we are please you enjoyed our selection on Whiskey

New Plymouth, New Zealand
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay at Travelodge. Usually stay at other hotels and chose Travelodge. By far the best hotel in Palmerston North. Friendly helpful staff. Good parking. Close to some good restaurants. Will definately promote this hotel to my business friends and customers. I will be returning soon, so where I stay won't be an issue. Thanks to Jess who was very helpful. Thanks to everyone.

• Stayed June 2013
Rean V, General Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Dear Imepham
The team at Travelodge Palmerston North are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your warm comments regarding service. We will love welcoming you back to see that we do pride ourselves on continuous high level of service.
Palmerston North
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a night in one of the heritage rooms. We booked on,ine and got a very competitive deal. The room was spacious, the bed big and very comfy. The pillows not so much, I would bring my own if I was staying again. There was a heat pump in the room but we turned it off as it was quite noisy. We thought the fire doors shutting would be loud as we heard them when we first got into the room but they weren't a problem. I also wondered if road noise/ drunks would be a problem walking into town but we never heard anything. For a couple that only sleep well in very specific conditions we had s great sleep. We would go back.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Rean V, Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Dear Aimz2416
Currently we are in the final phase to replace all our heat pumps to increase overall guest satisfaction and we would love to welcome you back to experience our upgrades in the near future
Napier
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I have rated our 2 night stay as very good, It could have been "excellent" but for
a few small problems. Firstly The room was very clean and in excellent condition
except the adjoining door between rooms could not be locked,and it was physically
impossible to fill the electric jug from the bathroom (and only) tap.
On returning my vehicle to the covered (under building) carpark, I asked reception
to close the entry roller door or return it to auto"swip card mode".One hour latter
when checking my valued 1927 model T Roadster, I found the roller door still open.
and accessible from the street. I asked reception again to close the roller door and
all it took was a push of a button at reception.
The final hiccup was the full breakfast at $ 23.00 PP. Firstly I asked if we could
have more lighting than the two lights that were on , and totally insufficient for a
large restaurant room. Only to be told that they were the only two lights working.
My main "gripe" was the food qaulity, Excellent variety, but the bacon was dripping
with oil and to me inedible,also the muffins and croissants were very dry.
Definatly not worth the high price.
Over all a pleasant stay apart the few problems.

Room Tip: Ask that the bed wheels be "chocked" so that you can sit up in bed and watch TV without t...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Dear BlueeyesNapier

At Travelodge Palmerston north we pride ourselves on fast and effective service and we had a meeting to discuss the problem you experienced with the car park.
Currently we are focussing on upgrading our breakfast standards and focussing more on quality then quantity. Over than weekend we had a small problem with our supplier for bulbs, since the ones in the restaurant are specialized, we have since them replaced all the lights and found new supplier
Thanks again for you’re valued feedback and we hope to see you back soon at Travelodge to experience the changes
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We took a couple of rooms for a Saturday night. Courteous, helpful front desk staff. Couldn't get a park in the secure parking but found on-road parking nearby. Rooms (and premises in general) were modern, clean and well equipped and bed was comfortable. Cabled Internet was available in the room at a price, but daughter complained of lack of wireless in her room.

Easy walking distance to the centre of town (the Square) and the George St cafés and restaurants, so suited us. Most other hotels and motels are on the other side of town, nearer Massey.

Room Tip: Secure your car park early!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear hrpmrl
The team at Travelodge Palmerston North are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your warm comments regarding service. It is also lovely to hear that you enjoyed the lovely George Street cafes and shopping areas of the city. And we often get great feedback about our comfortable beds,
We welcome you back at your next visit to Palmerston North