All reviewssecure parkingroom servicestaff were pleasant and helpfulgeorge streetmodern hotelbusiness hotelthe air conditioningoutstanding customer servicecheck in was easytwin roomgood sizewould stay againbed and pillowsheat pumpbusiness tripfree wifitown centre
Reviewed 19 September 2013

First time visitor to the Travelodge.
Very clean & welcoming foyer/reception area making for a pleasant atmosphere.
My room was clean & well appointed with reasonably modern fittings & the bed very comfortable.
All staff were very pleasant & helpful.
The evening menu in Nosh was not what you would call extensive but certainly adequate & my meal, Lamb Shank, was very tasty & a dish I would have no problem recommending.
The downside of the stay for me was C rating I gave the breakfast buffet. The scambled eggs were very watery & the bacon was the cheap, reformed pork shoulder rubbish! To make matters worse the plates set out for breakfast we only marginally bigger than a side plate. I didn't need a small plate to make me eat less, the bacon & eggs did that!
If not for this breakfast I would have given the hotel an "Excellent" rating.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Rean V, General Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear John P
Thank you for taking the time to review following your recent stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our great team. Currently we have a new Restaurant & Bar Manager and we are working around the clock to improve our F&B outlets to provide our guests with a great experience. We have also been experimenting with different Bacon suppliers to find the best product for our guests

Reviewed 15 September 2013

This hotel is quiet, and in a convenient location. The room was comfortable and parking secure. Breakfast at Nosh is good value. The conference dinner in the hotel was delicious. Great food and spacious area for dining.

Room Tip: I don't think it matters-the location is quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Rean V, General Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Juliababy
The team at Travelodge Palmerston North are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your warm comments regarding service. It is also lovely to hear that you enjoyed your conference dinner during your stay.
Thanks again for taking the time to comment on your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Rean vorster

Reviewed 3 September 2013

My lovely husband surprised me with a belated birthday present of a weekend in Palmerston North shopping.
He decided that we would stay at the Lodge as it had a great deal going, " stay in a refurnished
Victorian styled room, enjoy breakfast in the Nosh restaurant, and have a 11am late checkout."
SWEET.
On arrival there were posters all about informing us of the concert. We wondered how this would affect our sleep. We were lucky in that respect, our room was right in front of the entrance, far away from the concert.
Unfortunately, it was at the end of the concert that was the problem. For over an hour, outside and below our window, teens were laughing, yelling, swearing, etc... when leaving the venue.
It was so hard to get back to sleep.
The breakfast at Nosh was great, apart from cold scrambled eggs. We put this down to the time we arrived (9.55am) Restaurant staff were pleasant.
Upon booking out we informed the young receptionist our grievance of the concert guests leaving and her reply was ‘oh you were in room 104, right above the entrance way, did you come down and complain? (Arh No - not at 1pm in the morning we did not). Oh that is a shame, your account is ..... have a nice day in Palmerston North. This is the reason for the low mark. harsh maybe but it was like Bad luck you didn't come down to complain ?

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Rean V, General Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Pamella-ClareR

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Travelodge Palmerston North. We appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with us. On limited occasions we have an event on at night in our conference venue due to the size of the room but we always make sure they end at 12pm latest and we do sound checks beforehand to limit noise levels on our guests. We do a lot of training with our team and especially our night team to walk around on the floors and see if there is any noise from street level. After your review I have discussed the correct way in dealing with complaints especially when we had an event on the previous night with our front office team
Thanks again for your valuable feedback and we are working to improve our services and would like to welcome you back on your next visit to Palmerston north

Kind regards

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We decided to have a weekend away and go see some friends we hadn't seen in a long time. We chose to stay here as our friends pretty much lived next door. Shortly after we booked, we found out that there was going to be a concert on at the hotel so we rang the hotel to ask if this was going to affect our stay.

Unfortunately the operator knew nothing about the concert and told us our room would be quiet, we think this was a call center and probably not the actual hotel itself. Subsequently the concert was very loud and interrupted some much needed sleep.

The following morning we had a great breakfast at the Nosh restaurant which is part of the hotel however, it would have been better if the staff weren't having a conversation with each other across the dining hall, a bit unprofessional, they should take a leaf out of the chefs book who had nothing but outstanding customer service and prepared brilliant food.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank HnG98
Rean V, General Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Dear Hng98

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Travelodge Palmerston North. We appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with us. On limited occasions we have an event on at night in our conference venue due to the size of the room but we always make sure they end at 12pm latest and we do sound checks beforehand to limit noise levels on our guests. In regards to your experience at breakfast I had a meeting with our team to make sure this will not happen to any guests in the future.
We would love to invite you to stay with us on your next visit to see the changes we made.

Kind regards

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I wrote my review of the hotel at the end of 2012, along with a letter to the management expressing my concerns over the cost of the wine. It took until now for them to respond!! I did not have any problems with the ratings I gave, other than the poor response from Management to clients concerns. When they did respond they did not deal with my complaint.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear rmp236
Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback in regards to response from management .Please accept my sincere apology and I would like to discuss this matter with you on your next visit to Palmerston North. In regards to the Wine price we are investigating other alternatives in regards to our selection of wines to reduce our overall costs.