All reviewssecure parkingroom servicestaff were pleasant and helpfulgeorge streetmodern hotelbusiness hotelthe air conditioningoutstanding customer servicecheck in was easytwin roomgood sizewould stay againbed and pillowsheat pumpbusiness tripfree wifitown centre
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

A little old, but clean and tidy. My stay was quiet and comfortable. The air conditioning was almost silent, and worked well. Buffet breakfast had good variety, everything seemed nice and fresh. I've stayed here a couple of times, checkin has been slow each time.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Rean V, General Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Dear Rendezvousnz
Thank you for taking the time to review following your recent stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our great team. We enjoy what we do and feedback such as yours, certainly encourage us every day.
We will be investigating the slow check in you have experienced over the last few visits and find solutions to the problem
We would love to welcome you back on your next visit to Palmerton north to see the changes we have made

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Firstly let me say that the room was very nice, comfortable bed and very clean. I had a lovely large window and appreciated being able to open the window for fresh air.

When I first arrived, I was getting changed in the bathroom and a staff member came in unannounced. I would have thought my luggage may have alerted her to the fact that I was there (my original room was not ready when I arrived at mid-day so I was given another. I assume that the room that I was placed in was supposed to be empty).

I had a brand new rental car and when I returned at night was shocked that I could not get a secure carpark. When I suggested to reception that I park behind one car with minimum inconvenience to just one car and that I would leave my keys at reception, I was told that the car that I was parked behind may want to check out early (this is why I was willing to leave my keys).

I had paid for two nights and upon leaving the premises on the first morning, reception came running after me to ask when I was checking out. I went upstairs to produce paperwork that showed that I had paid for two nights.

I was charged for a newspaper on the day I arrived when I wasn't even there.

Lastly the water in the shower was either extremely hot or extremely cold.

Lovely venue - not too noisy but there are a few issues that need to be addressed.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Natalia R

Dear Natalia R

We always appreciate feedback from our guests even if it’s not great feedback; it gives us the opportunity to improve the product we offer for future guests
In regards to the parking unfortunately we have only limited spaces available due to our central location, and for insurance restrictions our team are not allowed move guest cars.
I do have to apologise for you inconvenient experience upon arrival. Our team will always do their best to give guest a room as soon as possible but due to be fully booked the night before we had no rooms available and out team member tried to give an alternative solution but she should have made better preparation to make sure nobody else uses the changing room.

We would like to invite you to stay with us on your next visit to Palmerston north to experience our level of service we pride ourselves on

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We spent a Saturday night at a Dine and Dance, then had a room for a night. Following that our Company had a Sales Conference for two days.
First - Accomodation. Quiet, comfortable room with a great bed. Tidy room, clean and normal services such as mini-bar, aircon, TV. Good lighting, nice bathroom. Pleasant staff. VG breakfast.
Next - Dine and Dance. Good buffet food. Room perfect size. Dance floor built to suit, and a bar with enough variety in standard drinks ( nothing too fancy). Again very helpful staff. Good seating and tables, cutlery to VG standard. Highly enjoyable.
Finally - Conference. Excellent room set up. Good electronic gear, projector screen etc. VG refreshments, water, juice, ample coffee, good lunches, and a VG buffet dinner. Staff excellent again. Furniture very suitable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Trixta
The team at Travelodge Palmerton North are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your warm comments regarding service. It is also lovely to hear that you enjoyed your conference with us. We don’t receive a lot of feedback in regards to our conference facilities and we appreciate that you have taken the time to give some valuable feedback on our venue

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I stayed here just one night for business in September. Checked in after 10pm, so really only used the room to sleep and shower. Unfortunately the room temperature was too high (between 24-27 degrees) and the thermostat did not work. I called the front desk and staff came immediately but could not fix the problem. They showed me another room but it was no cooler. So she brought me a fan which helped a bit. It was cool outside, but alas I could not open the window. Other than this glitch, the room was clean and a good size. The staff were friendly and efficient, exactly what one might expect from a Travelodge.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Rean V, Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Dear Crowfly2
Thanks you for your feedback on your last visit. We really appreciate your feedback. It gives us the opportunity to change our operation and keep increasing our guest experience. Currently we are investigating our room temperatures and we have specialists looking into this problem and finding solutions.
We welcome you back at your next visit to Palmerton North and experience the changes we have made

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I had a nice stay here - the location was very handy for my business appointments, the rooms were a good size and very clean. Overall a nice place with nice friendly staff. The restaurant was very good as well and once again the staff were great

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Imanaussie2
Thank you for taking the time to review following your recent stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our great team. We enjoy what we do and feedback such as yours certainly encourage us every day and I will pass on your feedback in regards to our friendly team

Kind Regards