“Variety Plus!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Owned by same people who own the successful & tasty Chada Thai
“Variety Plus!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Got dragged here by a workmate for lunch and really glad I did. Great variety of dishes from Japan, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Vietnam and Korea. Key thing I liked was that I got 3 different dishes for $20 which I thought was good value. Service was friendly and came out in good time considering it was lunch. All three dishes were really tasty. Only let down was that my work mate ordered a dish to take away which she told them was to take on a plane and after eating lunch and waiting an extra 10 minutes we asked where the take away was and were told they were waiting to be told to fire it. Possibly just a communication breakdown as everything else was great. I will def return.

• Visited June 2014

• Korean first
Auckland, New Zealand
“Pretty good!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

This place is kind of like a very good food court. Sure the lighting is horrible and the seats are not very comfortable, and maybe it is priced a bit higher than its quality (only a little bit), but the food we had was very tasty, simple and generous. Don't come here for a long meal as the will process you in 30 mins

“Great place to eat”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Went to Yeda for a meal last night to celebrate my grandsons 10th birthday, food fantastic especially the Yeda fish. Service great. If you like Asian food this is the place to go.

• Visited April 2014
“I bit disappointed :-(”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I was really looking forward to eating here as I'd heard lots of great things. The place looked as if it had been really busy as there were lots of tables left uncleared with only one member of serving staff running around like a headless chicken. Having numbers next to the title of the food on the menu made me feel like the place wasn't actually a restaurant but a take away. When our food arrived I had to get cutlery from another table as we didn't have any. My food was luke warm too, not hot as you would expect. It also lacked taste, which is unusual for Asian food. I will try the restaurant again especially as I kept tucking in to my husbands food which tasted much better than mine! So there is hope. :-)

Visited March 2014
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Recomended by Ray Mcvinnie...”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My wife and I went for lunch after visiting the Palmy Festival of Cultures and someone in the audience at Rays demo asked where they ate when in Palmy and both he and Nici Wikes said Yeda. I had a Tom Yum soup to start, which was good but not great. We both had fish main dishes with mixed results. My sizzling Yeda fish was good and flavoursome, a large portion, probably enough for two. My wife had the steamed fish in ginger and soy sauce. Well cooked but under seasoned and with no detectable ginger, a fact she mentioned to the over worked lone waiter but without reparation. It may have been a busy shift but the tables had not been cleared for quite some time and the service was poor. I will try it again but if the experience is repeated, probably only once. Price was average, but then again so was the food.

• Visited March 2014