“Wonderful meal and hospitality!”
Review of Melville House - CLOSED

Melville House
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Wonderful meal and hospitality!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We had a lovely relaxing meal and as I have coelaic disease they catered gluten free for me. The atmosphere and hospitality were superb!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Reillyteam

Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Incredible food + service”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The food and service and Melville House is incredible. I don't often post things on Trip Advisor but my wife and I feel it would just be selfish not to advise other people about this top-class restaurant.
We have eaten at top restaurants around the world, and still rate the meal at Melville House as one of the best we've ever had. We had the gnocchi, fish and creme brûlée with homemade passionfruit sorbet- which was to die for!. The romantic ambience and attentive waitress topped off an amazing experience. Highly recommend this place.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank AJMorrison
“Excellent dinner with great service”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We got recommended by the restaurant next door to try out Melville House because they were fully booked. And surprisingly, we found this restaurant as another great restaurant to dine in in town. We ordered Eye Fillet and Venison for mains and they are absolutely delicious. We have tried quite a few beef fillet dishes from different restaurant and this one provides one of the most delicious beef fillet in town. So thanks to the Chef for the great dinner. Plus, very lovely waitress with great service and warm atmosphere.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank LinaHon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply outstanding!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Absolutely amazing. Our meal was by far the best we have ever had in Palmerston North.....and without doubt in the top 5 I've been to in the world.
The food was simply devine. Pork belly, scallops, beef, chicken....delicious.
And the fondant dessert was the best I've ever had.

All topped off with lovely waitresses.

This will become a regular establishment for us to visit.

PS I have never posted a restaurant review before but this was such a great experience I just had to!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Scratch1968
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Fab evening and the food was out of this world. Loved the pork belly will definitely be going regular . Well done

• Visited February 2014