“Can't say a bad word, even if I tried...”

Comfort Inn Kauri Court
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Can't say a bad word, even if I tried...”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Wow, I don't think I need to say anymore. When I opened the door to my room my jaw hit the floor. Initial impressions were very clean, tidy and modern.

Room - room had a king sized bed, and a single in the one room, kitchen with a hot plate microwave toaster etc, tea coffee (including plunger) hot chocolate, a choice of milk was given, and a little chocolate bar along with a couple of biscuits.

Bathroom - very modern, awesome shower, didn't want to get out...

bed - king sized (two singles zipped together) no problems with the zip in the middle and was very comfortable.

Service - was greater by a lovley lady who made sure everything was ok, and felt approachable if needed.

• Stayed March 2014
Tony M, Owner at Comfort Inn Kauri Court, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
It was great receiving your glowing review. Thank you. We both enjoyed your company.
Pleasure to repaired your walking shorts.
Looking forward meeting your family in the future when visiting Palmerston North.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Kathryn and Tony MacManus , whom own and operate the Comfort Inn Kauri Court, are friendly , informative and a pleasure to interact with. They treat you like family. The rooms/apartments are immaculate and the service is outstanding. I have been staying here for a few weeks already and plan to stay for another month.
I'll give you an example of the service and kindness. My first weekend in Palmerston North, I went hiking and fell and tore my favorite hiking shorts! The next day I asked Kathryn if she knew anyone in town , whom would repair them. She took one look at them and said;" I'll do it for you right now". Soon thereafter, she returned my repaired hiking shorts- as good as new. I asked what is the charge and she looked at me and said - no charge! She refused to take any payment! Now ,that is what I call service! I recommend the Comfort Inn Kauri Court to the highest degree and that is why I entitled this review as " 6-stars out of 5 ". It is that good!

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent and if you want something bigger, they have brand new one and two-bedroo...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank BWM2014
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We recently had the pleasure of spending 3 months in one of the new apartments at the Palmerston North Kauri Court. We found the facilities to be clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. The owners, Tony and Kathryn made us feel at home for our rather long stay. The location is very nice with quick access to both the college and the town square. We would not hesitate to recommend the Kauri Court

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Upper Hutt, New Zealand
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We chose Kauri Court because of their affiliation with the flybuys program and found it to be a thoroughly enjoyable stay, comfortable, clean and spacious, great shower, great bed, and friendly helpful hosts.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Wairoa, null, New Zealand
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Lovely stay, so quiet and peaceful. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was large and spacious with a large and very comfortable bed. Everything was very clean and tidy, and the showers had great pressure. We had a very pleasant and comfortable stay, and would not hesitate to recommend the Comfort Inn if anyone was looking for a place to stay in Palmerston North. Will definitely return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stay at Kauri Court every time I come down to Palmerston North. It's close to the university & PN GIrls' High (where I run a class when I'm down), but so are other motels. But why would I go past Kauri Court? The owners are lovely & friendly, the rooms are spacious, clean, and very comfortable, plus it's quiet & you get a good night's sleep (I'm a light sleeper so this is important to me). (Also the riverbank walkways & the Esplanade are very close by, so in the morning you can go for a lovely walk before breakfast.) The bathroom is roomy & very clean & you could cook a simple meal in the kitchenette (2 bench-top elements & a microwave, plus all the necessary utensils). I'll be back again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I recently stayed for 5 months at Kauri Court (Comfort Inn) Motels with Tony and Catherine in one of their lovely short-term apartments. I can not say enough about them The Apartment was very comfortable/warm and had everything in it you could possible need to live like you would at home, the bed was one of the best I have ever slept on, the apartment was spotless with daily cleaning (or less if you request it), it was a perfect temporary home for myself during my stay in Palmerston North. In addition to the Apartment, Tony and Catherine could not do enough for me, any request whether big or small was dealt with both professionally and also with warmth and care. They both made sure I was always o.k. during my entire say. I would stay at Kauri Court again without any hesitation and will definitely do so on our next visit back to NZ, I will also be recommending this as the place to stay to our family and friends.

Room Tip: Apartments - all good, quiet and are located down back away from Motel building and also away from r...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
kauricourt, Owner at Comfort Inn Kauri Court, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Tanya, thank you for your lovely feedback on our luxury one bedroom apartment. We were very pleased to be able to extended your stay on this occasion, as the apartments are proving popular.
Looking forward to your next visit to Palmerston North.

Kathryn & Tony