“Perfect birthday.”

La Patio Cafe & Bar
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: European, Cafe, New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: La Patio is one of Palmerston North’s finest restaurants. The restaurant has a welcoming ambience and with refurbishments completed there is no better place to dine.
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

We went to La Patio for my partners 50th for lunch. There was 20 of us and we had booked ahead. The duty manager Tama & his team were friendly, helpful & accomodating towards our large group.
All our guests were impressed with the meals. My Salmon cake on mesclun topped with a poached egg was crispy on the outside & creamy and full of flavour on the inside-YUM!!!
A great experience and a great venue.
Without hesitation would recommend La Patio to all.
We look forward to visiting again.

There are newer reviews for La Patio Cafe & Bar

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I love the way Palmy restaurants allow charge back to all sorts of motels. I'm staying nearby and popped over for supper. The service was prompt and pleasant, the wine was good, and the food well presented and fresh. And the dressing on the clam dish was _very_ tasty. If I have a grumble, it's that I would have liked a few comfy chairs on the patio where I could retreat with the second glass, after dinner. There are a couple of sofas under the TV and luckily, no-one else was using them - but on a sunny evening, I'd rather have been outside. Small detail; all else was good.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

The restaurant needs an uplift and fairy lights are not really in keeping with a nice restaurant. Good menu, however meals are expensive. Wait staff are young and need a bit more training in hospitality.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

We ate here serval times while we stayed at the nearby hotel. The breakfasts were buffet and does not vary. We found out later you can ask for eggs cooked differently than the scramble. The dinners and lunches we had here were excellent. Okay wine list. Staff very nice, service can be slow if they are having a large party which is fairly common. Would eat here again.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We were given a gift voucher for this restaurant as the donor knew how much we enjoyed our meals at this restaurant. Used it today and again we were not disappointed. George thought his steak excellent and he would order it again, and I really enjoyed my caesar salad. Unfortunately they didn't have any carrot cake but next time!