“Queens Birthday weekend 2013! Fabulous!!”

Miranda Holiday Park
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Our large whanau booked the entire Tourist Lodge for Queens Birthday weekend coming from all over the North Island and Australia to gather at Miranda Holiday Park for a 60th birthday. From the very outset we were welcomed warmly, Sasha, the manager, was simply superb and we found the facilities were very clean and tidy. The maintenance chap was unflappable and the cleaners went about their work with a smile. I can't say enough about how genuinely helpful and studious the staff are here, especially given our large group. I'd be very happy to recommend this great venue and do hope to return again soon.

Room Tip: The tourist lodge was perfect for our large group
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Marie K

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Great units, very very clean, pleasantly surprised. Decor' was fantastic for where it is. Spa bath is wonderful with the mineral water. Certainly worth the stay. Will definately be back. Best to take your own food etc to cook in kitchen as you cannot rely on the food outlet at the pools next door. The drive to nearest food etc is 15-30mins depending if you go to Kaiawa or Thames....

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ann m
Reviewed 1 June 2013

After a couple of nights on my trip where my accommodation had been less than acceptable, I decided to stay at Miranda and soothe away my cares in the pool. The receptionist was exceptionally helpful and friendly and allocated me a most beautiful chalet for the price of a studio and it happened to be the disabled unit which meant a HUGE shower and a spacious unit. Everything was in tip-top condition, spotlessly clean, with everything you could want from a dishwasher, hairdryer, flat screen TVs in bedroom and lounge, ceramic cooktop, ITS OWN LAUNDRY WITH WASHER & DRYER, and laundry powder, plentiful fluffy towels. Heaven! My unit was only a few steps away from the delectable pool, a perfect temperature and depth at which to soak for several hours. I wish I had stayed here earlier in my trip instead of wasting my time at some other hot spring areas. Together with the public pool complex right next door which I had visited on Day 1 of my hot spring crawl round the North Island, I enjoyed my stay in the Miranda area more than just about anywhere else, and I will definitely go back again for a longer stay. When I unpacked, I noticed that there were no curtains in the lounge room; they must have noticed the error because while I was in the pool they came and got my key and hung the freshly laundered curtains back up in the unit!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Jane W
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We rented a two bedroom unit to take some kids away for our boy's 8th birthday, and it was perfect for this. Staff dealt with our rather random booking process really well. The kids had three swims in the hot pool over the 20 hours we were there, and the unit itself was plenty big enough to accommodate us all comfortably. Everything you need is there, although as others have noted, you do need to bring your food - the gorgeous location does means you are a long way from any useful shops (although there is a farm store up the Miranda Road as well).
We've been coming to this holiday park for some years now, and it's great to see that it has been extremely well maintained over that time, especially given that they don't really have an 'off' season over winter. It can seem pricey, but when you allow for the fact that you have endless access to a gorgeous thermal pool, it's actually extremely reasonable - if we'd had to pay for those kids to visit the 'public' pool next door three times it would have cost a fortune!
We've usually stayed in one of the bunkrooms, which are much cheaper, but I would seriously think about booking one of the self-contained units next time we visit as a family.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I'm from Germany and on a tour of the north island I stayed by chance in the miranda holiday park.
I had already met many parks. but by far the most beautiful, clean and friendly first is miranda holiday park. the staff is very warm and helpful. The kitchen is very well equipped and the shower, toilets and the entire areal is extremely clean.
But the best part is the thermal pool, large and simply brilliant to relax after a long day.
I can only say, if there is the chance to visit the miranda holiday park, just do it.
I'm especially down on the return trip a big detour to another two days to spend there

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Stayed in one of the spa apartments for 2 days before heading back home to Australia
Well what can I say this place is a oasis The apartment was clean had all the bells and whistles for a great stay and the bonus of a mineral spa in the apartment.
Would like to see free WiFi but $5 is not to bad for a day We will be back

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2013

This place was a glorious haven after a long walk during the day. I have never been to a more helpful camp site. The Kitchens were very well equipped and spotlessly clean. The showers were free and equally clean. I needed access to WiFi no problem. I needed to clean my car no problem. The pool was a great place to go! The only problem was that the place is so popular so please dont share this review - keep it a secret !

THIS IS A REVIEW OF FACILITIES AVAILABLE TO CAMPERS