“Chillaxing week in Miranda”

Miranda Holiday Park
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Our favourite destination for a relaxing get away - Miranda has it all. Excellent facilities, friendly helpful staff and lots of fun, tennis, table tennis, spa pool and the added bonus of Karma Waters Massage on site. Everything is kept clean and park is close to several other attractions and walks. We are regulars and love the fact that we can leave our caravan in the secure storage area making it quick and easy for the next trip.

Will be back again soon.

Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We visited again in June. Had not been to Miranda for about 18 months and it was great to get back to one of the best campgrounds in the Country. Soaking in the thermal pool while the rest of the world is shivering is great. The facilities at the camp are first class and the service at reception is outstanding. Tried the massage at Karma Waters and the tired old back has never felt better. It was such an enjoyable weekend we are going back in July.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AshwoodManor
Reviewed 16 June 2013

You would be hard pressed to find fault with this holiday park. Facilities are excellent- spotless, with little touches such as a cloth to wipe down the basins. The hot pool is wonderful, and the area where we parked our caravan was very suitable (and flat!). It certainly earns it's ranking of being in the top 5 holiday parks.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Merilynn
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We arrived without a booking assuming that in the winter it would be quiet. The lady on the counter informed us that we had arrived the same night as two groups of camper van enthusiasts. The place was packed. Despite this we found the site excellent, quiet, private and even the camp hot pool was under utilised. (The campervanners were busy socialising in the kitchen) My wife and I both enjoyed long soaks in the camp's hot springs that evening, which we more or less had to ourselves. All in all a great experience and I would recommend a visit to this site for anyone.

Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Our large whanau booked the entire Tourist Lodge for Queens Birthday weekend coming from all over the North Island and Australia to gather at Miranda Holiday Park for a 60th birthday. From the very outset we were welcomed warmly, Sasha, the manager, was simply superb and we found the facilities were very clean and tidy. The maintenance chap was unflappable and the cleaners went about their work with a smile. I can't say enough about how genuinely helpful and studious the staff are here, especially given our large group. I'd be very happy to recommend this great venue and do hope to return again soon.

Room Tip: The tourist lodge was perfect for our large group
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Marie K
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Great units, very very clean, pleasantly surprised. Decor' was fantastic for where it is. Spa bath is wonderful with the mineral water. Certainly worth the stay. Will definately be back. Best to take your own food etc to cook in kitchen as you cannot rely on the food outlet at the pools next door. The drive to nearest food etc is 15-30mins depending if you go to Kaiawa or Thames....

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ann m
Reviewed 1 June 2013

After a couple of nights on my trip where my accommodation had been less than acceptable, I decided to stay at Miranda and soothe away my cares in the pool. The receptionist was exceptionally helpful and friendly and allocated me a most beautiful chalet for the price of a studio and it happened to be the disabled unit which meant a HUGE shower and a spacious unit. Everything was in tip-top condition, spotlessly clean, with everything you could want from a dishwasher, hairdryer, flat screen TVs in bedroom and lounge, ceramic cooktop, ITS OWN LAUNDRY WITH WASHER & DRYER, and laundry powder, plentiful fluffy towels. Heaven! My unit was only a few steps away from the delectable pool, a perfect temperature and depth at which to soak for several hours. I wish I had stayed here earlier in my trip instead of wasting my time at some other hot spring areas. Together with the public pool complex right next door which I had visited on Day 1 of my hot spring crawl round the North Island, I enjoyed my stay in the Miranda area more than just about anywhere else, and I will definitely go back again for a longer stay. When I unpacked, I noticed that there were no curtains in the lounge room; they must have noticed the error because while I was in the pool they came and got my key and hung the freshly laundered curtains back up in the unit!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo