“Excellent Food”

Add it.
Rocco
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Cafe, Spanish
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Rocco doesn't have it's own web presence. Relocated to a larger building Rocco is now combined with Brew Cafe & Bar on the main street of Thames. Brew Cafe & Bar also Brew there own craft beer which is on tap in the historic Brian Boru Hotel. Open 7 days but only 3 nights Thursday - Saturday
Auckland
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

Great place for something different, well recommend.

Visited October 2011

Prague, Czech Republic
“Great food and wine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

We enjoyed an evening at Rocco. A well thought-out menu, drawing heavily on fresh, local ingredients, including some of the best mussels we'd ever tasted.

Visited December 2010
“Fantastic food off the beaten track”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

Wow, I didn't expect to find some where like this in Thames, we had a fantastic night... Great wines and food and a fun venue with friendly staff! Thanks guys

Queenstown, New Zealand
“1st class service complimented by exquisite cuisine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2011

Rocco is a Mediterranean styled restaurant offering guests the choice of tapas to share or a main meal.

I've been twice now, the first time I took my mum there and we basically ordered the entire tapas menu and shared it between us. The food and service was great!

I recently went back with my partner and we both enjoyed the scotch fillet steak, which as my partner said "one of the best steaks he has ever had".

I've also been there for after work drinks with my colleagues and the atmosphere is great - you can choose to sit outside on a nice summers day or by the fire inside.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant!

• Visited May 2011
Whangamata, New Zealand
“Rocco experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2011

Really disappointing. Fantastic ambience encouraged us to stay after we had acoulpe of drinks.. However my main meal of staeak and vegies etc was disappointing. I could accept the small portions but the vegetables were quite hard and undercooked. The steak was tough. I complained which is unusual for me and to be fair they replaced my meal with a new one. Although the veges had improved I again found the steak too tough to consume so I left the majority of it. Service was good but I felt I should have some kind of reimbursement or an apology or discussion with the chef. I must assume the normal chef was not here. Vastly overpriced for what I got> Would NOT recommend!

• Visited June 2011