“Best Motel in Thames”
Review of Tuscany on Thames

Tuscany on Thames
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Thames
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Have used this Motel since it opened. Its easily the best Motel in Thames with new modern units with free wifi.

It gets a bit of road noise but all the hotels in Thames get that.

Its also a short walk to local facilities including a really good gym.

It now has new owners who are really nice. If you are looking for a place to stay in Thames and have been worried about the previous owners give them a try.

Gary Mac

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Lorraine M, Owner at Tuscany on Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2014

Thank you for this awesome acknowledgement.. Rob and I would also like to thank you for the great tips you passed onto us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

The person at reception told us we had been upgraded by his boss. He made us aware that in no uncertain terms was he going to give us the upgrade. The room is by the road - you hear traffic all night long. The room was advertised with a king bed and in fact it was two singles pushed together. The whole experience was poor. Look at Avalon just down the road... superb service and they make you feel welcome at a better price.

Normally I don't review but the experience left us so bitter that we don't want anyone else to experience it.

Room Tip: Don't book here.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SilentCreatures
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Tbh with you I didn't like the service in the hotel and it was soo expensive and not worth it .. And it's close to the road the beds wore uncomfortable i felt ascophobic in there cause it's soo small and I feel like I'm rest home sorry to be mean but it's honesty I have to let out

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Prettyflo
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Room was clean and spaceous. King bed was caved in the center. Kitchen clean and well equipped.
Don't over stay the check out time(10 a.m.) as they charge $20/hr or portion of. During our stop over, there was no hot water. Asked for price compensation and was offered $10 off the $159 room charge. Wow! You want me to pay $20 if I stay later than 10 a.m. but only willing to
offer $10 for my inconvenience of no showere or a cold one. Remember to keep the customer happy.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Retired28
Reviewed 12 March 2014

As a late in the day .walk in' I was welcomed by the friendly owners.
I found the room to be spacious and nicely presented. I was expecting it to be noisier than it was due to the location but I slept soundly. The bed was incredibly comfy. As an 'over packed, too many shoes' cliche of a female, I appreciated the rooms at ground level and not having to haul my excess luggage up flights of stairs.
Will be staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I have stayed here several times over the last 4-5 years and will be returning soon. My stays are business related. The rooms are very clean, spacious and have a large spa bath in the bathroom. The owners are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This hotel is nicely presented and has a good sized room and bathroom. However we could not sleep all night due to the traffic noise. If you are able to sleep with noise or wear ear plugs well then this place will be fine for you. For us it was a very wearying stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jensjourney
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thames
Rolleston Motel
Shortland Court Motel
Shortland Court Motel
#5 of 7 in Thames
Grafton Cottage and Chalets

Been to Tuscany on Thames? Share your experiences!