“Great Pies and Coffees!”
Review of Food For Thought

Food For Thought
Ranked #16 of 55 Restaurants in Thames
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The Pies! It's a must have pies! We tried different kinds in our group and tasted each different kinds... all wonderful pies!
The winner is the Chicken Pie and the Seafood Pie, the creamy sauce is to die for!
Coffee and Ice coffee are so good we have to go back and thank the Barrista for the great coffee!

Definetely a place to have you meal when you're in Thames!

p/s: they have a nice courtyard at the back, very relaxing and sunny :)

Reviewed 3 September 2013

In the centre of town with a great variety of food to choose from. Good strong coffee too. Plenty of seating with some outside.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stopped here for lunch because the sign out front said "award winning pies".
The cafe was tired and dated looking but the food looked delicious. We don't normally eat pies but they looked so good that we had one each plus coffees and cakes. All the food was really fresh and delicious, pies were extraordinarily good. The service was okay, we didn't have to wait long but staff could have been friendlier. The food was good enough for us to overlook the negatives and we would definately go again but might buy the pies etc to take away.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

We ordered drinks, coffee and pie and omelette . Finished everything then waited for another 25 minutes for omelette. No apologies- never again!!! Smiles would help too

1  Thank QuinellaNZ
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I do not like pies but when I go to this place I absolutely love them because they are delicious! Everything here is delicious and you can tell that it is fresh and home-made. I used to live just a few metres away from this cafe and I would come whenever I could to treat myself :)

Tip: I highly recommend that you sit in the "courtyard" out back because it is so nice and peaceful.