“Great place and great hosts!”

Grafton Cottage and Chalets
Ranked #2 of 13 Thames B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We couldn't be happier in choosing Grafton cottage and chalets as our base in Thames. On arrival we got upgrade to a larger chalet and everything we needed was ready and waiting for us. The views from our chalet were great and the breakfast that is supplied was very nice. We even were a very tasty nightcap on our first night. The owners are a lovely couple that couldn't do more to make your stay more welcoming. We would definitely stay here again,

Room Tip: The Camellia room is very nice for couples and has great views across the bay.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Global_Wanderers_Oz
There are newer reviews for Grafton Cottage and Chalets

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is an absolut marvellous cottage. On arrival I have been friendly welcomed and suddenly had a lovely conversation. The hosts are sofriendly and helpful as anyone could be. The guided me from the private parking area directly to my room. As the whole cottage is situated on a hill you have a great view of the surrounding area. When I arrived at my room I really was positively surprise. A really nice bedroom with a great window, a tiny but satisfying bathroom and a terrace with a view you can dream of. I was quite happy to have a sunny afternoon so that I really could enjoy the view. To make it even better my host brought me some milk for my coffee and an additional drink like Irish cream. So I could sit outside relax and had a nice evening. But defintely the best was lying in the bed an watch the sundiwn and sunrise through the large window with an perfect view of the sea. To make it a perfect stay breakfast was automatically brought to my room at the time and choice I have been asked on arrival. So I really can warmly suggest this cottage, superb host and great view made it the perfect stay for me even as it has been only one night before returning back home. Thank you for that fantastic experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank nasle
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing :) Nestled high above Thames you have fantastic views of the firth of Thames with native birds flying around the chalets.

We arrived at 7pm and Alby the host took us to our room - which he'd put the heater in in, helped us settle in before leaving us with some delicious home baking and a night cap.

The room itself was clean and tidy with signs that they're renovating the spaces to make more modern. Well furnished, warm, dry and cosy we really felt at home.

Tip: remember to pack your swim wear as there's a pool and spa pool to enjoy!

Thanks Alby & Rachel - we'll be back!!!!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Wotevanz
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My colleague and I stayed at Grafton cottages this week while we were working in the area. We loved our stay at Grafton and highly recommend to anyone staying in Thames. Rachel and Alby were so lovely, very friendly and helpful. Rachel upgraded us as I realized that the unit I booked was a little small for a three night stay. We appreciated this so much. It was lovely to come home after a days work, hop in the spa and gaze at the stars through the pungas. Cant wait to come back and stay here on holiday. I haven't even started on how gorgeous the view from the cottage was. Thanks so much.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank simba47
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just had a lovely weekend away at Grafton chalets. The hosts were very friendly and laid back - great kiwi hospitality. The chalets are small, rustic, and charming. Very clean, nice linen, comfy bed. Breakfast was huge! Biscuits and liqueur were a lovely welcome. Advice on the chalets: 2 have kitchens, the others don't. We stayed in Kauri which is the second biggest and it was a perfect size for us. The biggest Manuka looked to have the best decks and is probably the best option, particularly for a family. But we had a peek at the tiny Rata next door and it was gorgeous and would be very romantic.
We had a grab One discount voucher and it was excellent value for money. We were very happy with our stay. The best thing about this place is the views - just amazing.
We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: 2 have kitchens, the others don't. We stayed in Kauri which is the second biggest and it was a p...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This property is atop a hill in Thames on the Coramandel peninsula. We stayed here a few nights and enjoyed the property. Our room was a little small with a huge bed but comfortable nonetheless. The views were breathtaking especially the sunsets. There are stairs to access some of the cottages but we were offered help with our luggage. Breakfast was delivered to the room which was a nice touch. Hosts were very personable and welcoming. Would not hesitate to recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WeeLuv2Travel2
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Looking for a quiet place to stay in Thames, this place fitted the bill. Up in the bush, with great views across Thames and the sea, it's ideal to get away from the noise and traffic. The new owners made me feel very welcome. I stayed in Kowhai, which has been renovated and was just lovely. Comfy bedding and lots of lovely extras. Breakfast is brought to the unit and included in the reasonable price. I had a very enjoyable two night stay there and will certainly return next time I'm visiting this area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Capital_travels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thames
Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort
Te Mata Lodge
Te Mata Lodge
#2 of 7 in Thames
Wairua Lodge - Rainforest River Retreat

Been to Grafton Cottage and Chalets? Share your experiences!