“A happy first experience!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #37 of 52 Restaurants in Thames
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A warm ambient authentic italian style restaurant, perfect for dining with a group or just the two of you. We have a table outside during the warmer months for takeaway diners, and a nice takeaway waiting area. Located in the middle of town, there is plenty of parking. We are licenced and allow BYO as well. Buon appetito!!
Thames
“A happy first experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

Been once a few weeks back. The decor is pleasant for an evening meal. I would not say it was a true Italian experience and agree that the staff are under trained. But Thames is a small town and they are supporting teens by giving them work and experience. And there is actually nothing wrong with the service provided as the waiters and owners are polite and pleasant. Pizza’s are nice and I enjoyed the pasta, the wine selection is good and I recommend the Sangiovese. I live here and as far as eateries in Thames goes, I think this would be one of the only 2 places I would bother going to. And to wrap up, I have eaten at numerous places around Italy and am happy to eat italian style food here. In fact off there again tonight.

Thames, Waikato, New Zealand
“Good food Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

I'm a local person and I enjoy the Italian Pizza combination's and sauce. Not the same old mix such a nice change. Have had a few Pasta dishes and they are SO nice and full of flavor. Great atmosphere with friendly face's every time. Also think the price's are reasonable and fair.
I'll be back.

• Visited March 2013
Hikutaia, New Zealand
“Nice Dining Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

We enjoyed a uniquely named gangster pizza and alovely pasta dish. The service was attentive and the restaurant was very busy on the night we visited. We've recommended this place to family and friends for a nice dining experience. Well done.

Amersfoort, The Netherlands
“Never tasted anything so horrible and expensive!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

I ate here with my parents on a night where there was no one else in the restaurant. We used to come to Di Luca's all the time before they got under new management. We were highly dissapointed firstly at the atmosphere. The paint was terrible and it was all dark and just not good. The service was slow and slack and when the food eventually came, they forgot to give us cuttlery!!

The food was still half cold and we could taste it had been microwaved, not fresh at all. My father's pizza was so tiny and it looked like something frozen from the Pak 'N' Save!!
Highly dissapointed and we promised each other that we would never return here!!

• Visited November 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Slow service and a disappointing meal.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

We were only in Thames for one night and are unlikely to be back there but I would certainly not return to this restaurant if we were back that way.