“Reliably good food.”

Sola Cafe
Ranked #2 of 52 Restaurants in Thames
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand, European
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Reliably good food.”
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

We go to Solar any time we are in Thames. It is easily the best place to eat with food that is always excellent. It won't blow you away - it's a cafe - but you won't ever be disappointed. On our last trip we had mushrooms on toast - a potentially pedestrian choice, but they got the balance of flavors just right and we were very happy. There really isn't anywhere else in Thames that comes close.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank kiwicritic28

“Look no further....”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The only place to go for coffee in Thames, cozy hang out for locals and visitors alike, with scrumptious homemade food and the best coffee in forever!!!!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank rawjen
Otorohanga, Waikato, New Zealand
“Little treasure in Thames”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

My husband and I like to visit Thames and on our most recent weekend trip we discovered Sola cafe. I was extremely excited because I've been a vegetarian my whole life and there aren't many restuarants in NZ that specialise in Vege food. We had just eaten at our hotel so I only grabbed a coffee and muffin but it was enough to know I want to go back! The ambiance is fun and funky. The cabinet food and menu look amazing and the nearly full cafe was evidence that the locals like it too! The service was a bit average (could have been more friendly and helpful) but I think they were busy. The coffee and muffin were yum and I left wishing I had time and space in my belly to eat a full meal!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Tiffany H
“Coffee anyone!”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

This is our first choice for coffee in Thames. Shhh don't tell everyone and there is great vegetarian food too.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Bruce S
“Grahamstown choice”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

A bit crowded but the food made up for it. The cafe is very popular and has interesting food. A good place for those with special food needs.

Visited February 2013