“always there for me”
Review of Sola Cafe

Sola Cafe
Ranked #3 of 54 Restaurants in Thames
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Only Vegetarian Cafe in Thames, Gateway to the Coromandel. We are located on Pollen Street, Grahamstown, northern end of Thames. Also offering Vegan, Gluten Free and Dairy free options.
Reviewed 9 April 2014

so awesome to always have vegetarian food on offer. can always rely on this place for anything from a good coffee to a filling wholesome meal

1  Thank Michal D

Reviewed 31 March 2014

It might be that I was expecting too much, I planned my whole coromandal trip around coming to SOla. I've been a vegetarian for over 40 years but this place didn't really float my boat. Firstly I found the lack of paper menu difficlut with all the items scrawled randomly over a wall, I am short sighted so had to wear sunglasses to read it. Not much 'order', the kids struggled reading it to see what they might like. Plenty to choose from but I ordered a salad with my (? it was so average I can't remember what it was now) and the salad was lettuce, onion and carrot. Hardly earth shattering. Hubbys food was average too, daughter I do recall went for the risotto and enjoyed it. Kids were happy with their pizza. Sat in the garden out the back which was okay. Lots of flies but it's not like they could do amything about that. Service was great and friendly and I can't fault them for a thing on that. Just found the food a little dull.

2  Thank Mean_Mummy
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Sola serves good coffee and a big range of vegetarian food. Had some very yummy meals here and would recommend. I'm not veggie but you would hardly even notice, the food is that tasty.

1  Thank Vikki06
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Fantastic Coffee and service I visited this place 5 YearS back and still the Same warm feeling
1. Great Coffee
2. Great food

1  Thank Rafael765
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Can't think of much to write about Sola Cafe which in my mind is not a good or bad sign. It was just average. OK coffee, OK service, OK atmosphere, OK food. No complaints but nothing special either.

1  Thank Jensjourney