“Famous for its pies.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kristy’s Cafe
Ranked #9 of 87 Restaurants in Whanganui
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Kristys Café is known WORLDWIDE for our FAMOUS RAETIHI PIE, Amazing Food, Coffee, Service and Atmosphere.
Wanganui, Manawatu-Wanganui, New Zealand
“Famous for its pies.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

If u love a pie, this is the place to go. Great service, coffee and the place is filled with old farming bits and bobs. Nice rustic outdoor area to.

• Visited March 2014

Hawke's Bay Region, New Zealand
“always stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

We travel between Hawkes Bay and Taranaki a lot and Kristys is the place we always stop at on the way over.We have been there many times. I nearly always get a pie and I usually never normally eat pies. The fillings are different. Coffee is good and the lemon and ginger tea as well.I have sampled Kristy other food from the cabinet or jars and have not been disappointed.
Restaurant itself is a bit different, plenty of space, rustic.
Parking is great and there are toilets.

• Visited February 2014
Christchurch, New Zealand
“The biker's friend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stumbled across this gem whilst on a motorcycle tour and had possibly the best minted lamb pie I have ever or will ever have, unless I make another trip to Wanganui! If you haven't already been there, make it your life's ambition to go there and eat a pie. You won't be disappointed.

(They make good coffee, too.)

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank midlandsmrs
kristy_leeWanganui, Owner at Kristy’s Cafe, responded to this review, 14 October 2014
I know this reply is way overdue but I just wanted to let you know how y much we appreciate what you wrote in your review, thank you very very much...
Lee and Kristy
Wanganui
“Pies To Die For”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Kristy's pies are absolutely scrumptious and the best around. Huge and chock full of delicious fillings. The venison is my favourite. We have been enjoying these for many years; firstly at his Raetihi Cafe and then since he moved to Wanganui and opened his great little cafe. All is food is extra good and his cafe is delightful and full of interesting things.

• Visited January 2014
Adelaide
“Didn't Know Pies Could Taste this Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stumbled across Kristy's Cafe while trying to research where we could stop for lunch on the drive from Waitomo to Wellington and I am so glad I did. It totally lives up to it's hype right from the delicious pies to the lovely feel about the place. There were 5 of us and we all had something different and each was a hit even my very slow eating daughter finished before me and that is really saying something. Shame or maybe a good thing by the time we arrived that the supplies were low because I am sure we would have tried to go another round!
Thanks Kristy so glad we made the stopover - we still talking about the awesome pies ;)

• Visited January 2014