“Very good platter”
Review of Angora - CLOSED

Angora
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: This restaurant was recommended by other travellers, it was full on the Wednesday night we visited, we were lucky to get a table. Excellent medTurkish/Mediterranean food
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Couldn't decide what to have on a cold winter's night - so decided on a cold platter. Weird I know. However I was pleased I did as it was delicious with lots of beautiful flavours and dips, along with a flattish round loaf which was very good. So: artichokes, tomatoes, olives, peppers, salami, feta, 2 dips. The dessert: Baklava was not so flavoursome, rather bland really. Very very good service - well done!
And the beautifully coloured ceiling added a nice warm touch to the room

There are newer reviews for Angora

Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

Firstly placed at a table that was wobbly when we told the waiter he agreed but didn't rectify the issue.
I asked for medium steak And it was well done. However it was lovely.
The waiter looked like he was new as he seemed nervous ( dropping the knife off the table N spilling my drink) however he was very attentive to our needs.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Having a Greek theme ( in my expectation as a novice) was rather Bland. BUT on my exploration I found it to be devinely orgasmic for my taste buds. Some of my friends from Christchurch/Auckland were impressed for little old Wangas to have a very high quality and proffessional Restuarant such as Angora. Im proud. Well done guys

Reviewed 24 June 2013

On the night we ate at this restaurant, the menu was unavailable online (and still is). The waitress had forgotten what cacik was though she knew yesterday (she did go and ask).
My kofte appeared undercooked - pink minced meat has really no attraction for me. Despite asking for a dish with no tomato, there appeared to be tomato in the middle but the lighting was so poor it was hard to tell.
My partner's pork belly was flabby and unimaginative, a large portion which appeared to contain all the fat of the original cut, and needed probably another hour of slow cooking to tenderise it. The BBQ sauce glaze appeared to be from a different cuisine. We did not enjoy our meal and the prices charged bore no relation to the quality we experienced.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

This restaurant is excellent. The variety on the menu is amazing. They cater for all tastes. The staff are helpful and friendly.

2  Thank Colleen C