“Met expectations and more”
Review of Siena Motor Lodge

Siena Motor Lodge
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Whanganui
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Had to stay in Wanganui for 3 nights for a conference and the recommended chain motels weren't exciting me one bit. A check o Trip advisor tossed up this little gem so I booked. A family run motel, these people went the extra mile. I was late in arriving, so I phoned ahead. They had my curtains drawn and the heater going so I had a lovely warm room when I finally showed up. I was welcomed by name on arrival, and offered breakfast and wifi on the spot. Wifi is free and the conection is nice and fast, plus it is possible to have 3 wifi devices hooked up, which is a vast improvement on the usual one!
The rooms were spotless and every kitchen item was provided. Lovely assortment of coffee, tea, and hot choc along with a complimentary goody bowl with chocolate and cookies etc.
Bathroom had warming lights, beds had great electric blankets, large tv, comfy decor and quality bathroom toiletries...plus sky, newspapers etc, and did I mention the wonderful spa bath?...all for a modest $145 per night.
Will return in a blink. well done Siena Staff, his is what goes for 5 star accomodation in my books.

Room Tip: I had room 8 up the back of the hotel Very quiet and well placed.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank kiki_kiwi_11
SienaWanganui, Owner at Siena Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your three night stay with us. A sincere thank you for submitting such a comprehensive review of our motel. We do preheat our rooms on cold nights - a warm room seems more welcoming for our guests, and our new air conditioning units that we have throughout the property, do work a treat on cold winter evenings.
Again thank you - we really do appreciate you taking the time to share your "Siena" experience.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

What can I say about this superb Motel???? Everything from check in to check out was brilliant. These rooms are spotlessly clean. There is a basket of complimentry goodies to enjoy during your stay. I highly recommend this motor lodge for your business or holiday trip to Wanganui.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Anthony A
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Having done some research on trip adviser and read the reviews I can honestly say I cannot find any faults whatsoever with the Siena Motor Lodge. The room was incredibly clean, there was heaps of room, great shower pressure and the small bowl of nibbles and fruit a lovely touch. The manager gave us two great recommendations for dinner which were within walking distance and again, did not disappoint. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Glennis M
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We have stayed at this Motor Lodge on many occasions and have always found it excellent.
Rooms great and hosts friendly and helpful. Loved the breakfasts, would go again just to have this wonderful breakfast. Always recommend this motel to friends.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank doreenp915
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Second time I have stayed here, and the reception fella is as cool as a cucumber, real helpful, real friendly, even asking how my Indian meal was the night before so he could pass on feedback to other future motel guests.

Rooms are modern, clean, and quiet. Don't even think of staying anywhere else when in Wanganui,

Some places deliver meals to your room and close to other takeaway joints and restaurants.

Will be back

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Cameron4611
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This was a really nice motel. The room was spacious, the location was central, and the woman who was running it that day (the owner was out of town) was friendly and caring. One other reviewer called it "a real gem," and that perfectly sums it up. I loved the motel, and the woman was far more helpful than the people who worked at the Information Centre. I felt very lucky to have found this place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This small motel was amazing and We could not fault this lovely place and the staff were fantastic and extremely friendly. It had everything we needed and they even cook breakfast for us at an incredible price. Will definitely stay there again the next time we visit Wanganui. THANKS!!!!

Room Tip: Don't bother looking anywhere else - unless they are booked out!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple