“Eggs benedict was ok”

Shanghai, Shanghai, China
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eggs benedict was ok”
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I read the news that Cracked pepper had the best eggs benedict. I must say it had good taste. It was a little small, needed a side dish but it was ok. Bacon part was generous, but probably too much for me. I think it would sell to the meet lovers. The hollandaise sauce was nice, good idea to mix balsamic vinegar and some pesto paste. It's $NZD 18. Comparatively priced... I had hoped they had vegetable / mushroom eggs benedict though. Anyway, we went there and the cafe was quiet. The place could improve a lot in terms adding flowering plants or just plain plants inside. It lacked imagination. It lacked the "cosy" feel I was expecting. I felt like I was eating in a pub. :-( So for a comparable price but with better experience and nicer ambience, I'd probably go somewhere else. Didn't mean to be tough or picky. But I walk around town all the time trying all cafes and maybe I will visit cracked pepper again if it is a little bit prettier next time. :) I hope this review helps...

• Visited February 2013

Wanganui
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eggs Benedict - best ever”
Reviewed 12 October 2012

My husband and I just LOVE eggs bene. Cracked Pepper make the best we ever tasted. We've tried plenty, all over NZ and in other countries, but Cracked Pepper wins every time. Great service too.

Visited September 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
“good quality in Wanganui”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

found this place for brunch on a Sunday morning. Excellent food - the French toast and Mediterranean scrambled eggs were well-presented and tasted great, and the Ozone coffee was prepared well

• Visited July 2012
Berlin, Germany
“A cozy café on the main street”
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Normally we prefer to eat in the evening but as we had an appointment in the evening we decided on lunch. And this was a perfect decision! So we had the possibility to have lunch in the Cracked Pepper Café.
During a windy day with a lot of clouds we had luck, the sun came out and was shining during our lunch. So we could sit outside.
We ordered lemon risotto with octopus and pea sauce and fish burger with potato wedges. The dishes were undescribable delicious. We had a nice bottle of Sauvignon Blanc. Afterwards we had short blacks with a mouth-watering coconut and chocolate cookie.
The waiter was so friendly and we felt so good so we decided to come back the next day for breakfast. This time we sat inside. The café has a nice ambience. We had luck and got the last free table - it was a saturday morning! The waiter was the same as the day before and he was very friendly again. We ordered egg benedict and scrambled eggs with salmon. It was great! For drinking we had a Moccachino and a pot of tea (English Breakfast) and fresh squeezed orange juice. We were so satisfied. We think that is really the best café in Wanganui.

• Visited March 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great Eggs Benedict”
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I stopped in for a late breakfast and ordered the eggs benedict floretine. It was wonderful. Highly recommended.

Visited September 2010