“Disappointing Service, can't comment on the food”
Review of Cracked Pepper Cafe - CLOSED

Cracked Pepper Cafe
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

Passing through town and was attracted to this cafe by a sign outside offering BLT's for $5. Stepped inside and a staff member called out "the kitchen is closed actually". Fair enough it was mid afternoon but perhaps the sign could have been bought in when the kitchen closed and we felt the staff member should have offered another option, maybe cabinet food or coffee? Felt kinda pushed out of the cafe so left to find somewhere else to eat.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

Okay, I cannot say I have tried eggs benedicts all over New Zealand to justify Lonely Planet’s claim that Cracked Pepper do “the best” eggs benedict around, but hear me out. The eggs benedict is amazing. Fresh, perfectly cooked poached eggs atop crispy (but not too crispy) bacon and gently toasted English muffin – what’s not to like? Add to this a superb hollandaise and capsicum relish and you’ve got yourself a winner. Perhaps the only fault is the lack of pepper grinders on the tables for freshly ‘cracked pepper’, but the friendly staff and tasty coffee more than make up for this. A must if you’re ever in Wanganui.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

this is a lovely place if you want brekkie and a coffee, reasonably priced and scrummy, hats off to the staff and management great effort all round

Reviewed 2 February 2013

I read the news that Cracked pepper had the best eggs benedict. I must say it had good taste. It was a little small, needed a side dish but it was ok. Bacon part was generous, but probably too much for me. I think it would sell to the meet lovers. The hollandaise sauce was nice, good idea to mix balsamic vinegar and some pesto paste. It's $NZD 18. Comparatively priced... I had hoped they had vegetable / mushroom eggs benedict though. Anyway, we went there and the cafe was quiet. The place could improve a lot in terms adding flowering plants or just plain plants inside. It lacked imagination. It lacked the "cosy" feel I was expecting. I felt like I was eating in a pub. :-( So for a comparable price but with better experience and nicer ambience, I'd probably go somewhere else. Didn't mean to be tough or picky. But I walk around town all the time trying all cafes and maybe I will visit cracked pepper again if it is a little bit prettier next time. :) I hope this review helps...

Reviewed 12 October 2012

My husband and I just LOVE eggs bene. Cracked Pepper make the best we ever tasted. We've tried plenty, all over NZ and in other countries, but Cracked Pepper wins every time. Great service too.