“Do not book for functions!”
Review of Oggies Cafe - CLOSED

Oggies Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 25 September 2013

On several positive recommendations, my partner and I booked Oggies for our wedding reception and we were excited to have our reception meal there. A few months after securing the booking, we heard that Oggies was for sale and we contacted them to ask whether our booking would be at risk. We were confidently reassured that it was safe and all was well, and we foolishly believed them.

Nine months after making the original booking, we were extremely disappointed and disgusted to receive a very short email from Oggies stating that they would no longer honour our booking. We received no explanation and have been left without a venue for our wedding reception, with only weeks to go. This is not a good situation for us!

BE WARNED - only book your functions at your own risk and expense - you'll be reassured for months and only to be let down at the last minute with no proper compensation or explanation!!! I will never go there again and neither will my friends or family.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

We ate brunch here and it was excellent... Large portions of French Toast with banana and bacon and maple syrup. The cafe was happy to provide peanut butter toast for my little girl, which was not on the menu. The coffee was excellent, as were the 'fluffies', which at 50c each, were great value. It is a popular cafe, with local art available to purchase. The outside entrance looks a little industrial, but don't be put off, the brunch was one of the best I have had in NZ.

1  Thank ShanghaiPukeko
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We have just enjoyed a very nice brunch at this cafe. Have not been here for a while so thought it was worth a try again. It was lovely to see a menu with something a bit different to the usual "eggs done to your liking", eggs benedict, big breakie etc etc. They had creamy mushrooms which I love & hardly ever see on a menu. These were nice but lacking mushroom flavour, buttom mushrooms don't really have a great deal of flavour. Also on the menu was kedgeree which I will be trying on my next visit. One thing we have noticed which has not changed since our last visit is they love to fill your plate up with potatoes. I'm not going to complain about a cafe giving you too much food as these can be shared around with others who didn't get potatoes with their breakie. The service was fine as was the coffee.

Reviewed 18 January 2013

Have been here several times, with my partner and daughter, and my extended family on separate occasions and each time we have thoroughly enjoyed our meals and experience here. They have a great menu range which was great for my family as one of us is a vegan and she had great options to choose from. My young daughter was being fussy and only wanted ice-cream, and while they didn't have any on the menu the waitress went out of her way for us and improvised by using the milkshake ice-cream in a bowl with chocolate sauce which was awesome. They also have a fabulous children's play area with a blackboard, books and toys for the little ones while you wait for your order. Lovely, spacious, warm and excellent food!

1  Thank LuluBobson
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Just visited the Cafe for a work Christmas Party last weekend.
Such a great place for relaxing while having a meal. Excellent range on the Menu.
The meals were a good size and very well presented. Most staff were pleasant and helpful.
We all had a great night with the music to dance along with.
Thanks Oggies.