Pembrooke Motor Lodge
Motel Six(Whangarei)
Kensington Motel(Whangarei)
The Grand Hotel(Whangarei)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsspa roomrare these daysbig bonusfamily businessfamily suitelarge roomclose to towntown basinfree wificontinental breakfastseparate toiletrooms are nicequiet spotgreat place to stayground floorbit datedgood size
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

Having little choice with all other motels booked in Whangarei we drew the short straw and stayed here. That should have spoken volumes.
The operator is a strange chap who tried intensely to tell me how to get onto the wifi without listening to my concerns as to its capability (Being an IT person) and I was proved right when the wifi didn't work.
The room was very dated.
The bed was very uncomfortable.
The kitchen equipment was old and mismatched.
The road noise was terrible ( though most of Whangarei motels are on main roads ).
The toilet flushed water up all over the seat.
The shower however was quite acceptable.
All of this would have happily been passed on to the operator had he been bothered to ask about our stay (I think he didn't ask as he knew what we would have said).
Book ahead and save yourself the trauma of staying here.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank MCWellingtonNZ
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this motel. We found the owner friendly and especially helpful when we needed to use the laundry. We suggest if staying here you request a room at the back of the motel, as the road noise can be loud at times. The room was large and comfortable, the water in the shower was hot with good water pressure. Kitchenette had all the facilities we needed, jug, toaster, fridge, microwave and plates and cutlery for 2. Wi fi was available for a small fee but at times was very difficult to log on to.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda H
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I travel regularly both for business and pleasure, I choose to stay at the Pembrooke because, to me, it represents excellent value for money ( very reasonabley priced). the rooms are comfortable, clean and well appointed. The manager is friendly and professional with a quirky sense of humour and great local knowledge especially if you are looking for a good restaurant, business or local event. I have stayed at the Pembrooke a number of times and thought it was about time I told others what a great place it is to stay, I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Barry W
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Nice clean room with everything I needed. Was on business and the motelier helped me with a nice restaurant and booked it all for me which was great and the bed was the best I have ever slept in as I love a soft bed. Close to town which helped as that was where my meetings were aswell. Overall great stay and I will be coming back in the future :)

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank SkippyNSW
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Mmmmm, where do I start? Well, how about - cold, damp, prehistoric electrical devices e.g. TV, indifferent motelier, broken heater, massively overpriced and best of all, lot's of traffic such as milk tankers and logging trucks shaking the room every 10 minutes during the night. Can't wait to return -NOT!

Room Tip: Don't even think about it.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business