“Absolutely amazing experience!! The cheetahs were awesome.. ”
Review of Kamo Wildlife Sanctuary - CLOSED

Kamo Wildlife Sanctuary
New South Wales, Australia
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Absolutely amazing experience!! The cheetahs were awesome.. ”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the park... There were another two couples on the tour..
We all got to see and watch the animals interact and all geting fed "plenty of food" ;-)
We got to watch the pecking order develop within the pride when the dinner came .. It was fantastic.
Our guides Georgie and Lee were awesome and very informative.. On out cheetah experience my husband and i got to participate in the feeding process which was excellent..The cheetahs were so well be haved.. Even the cheeky female girl I can't think of her name bt watching lee and her interact and briefly watching there bonding lol a love hate relationship ;-). It was fantastic guys. Kenya was a total gentleman , he made my day. That part made our trip. Five star all the way..

1 Thank Linda G

Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“No one had told me about the cages!”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I hadn't heard anything of this park before and spontaneously went there with my kids on the drive back home from up north. I was disappointed to find all the animals stuck in cages after paying a high entry fee. Why take these cats out of their real home where they could run free when you can't afford to provide a better life here. The cats all looked healthy, though I felt sad for them.

2 Thank Ize C
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A Must to Visit”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I recently took my 11 year old Grandson to visit the Kingdom of Zion we did the Feeding Tour as that is what fitted in best with the days and time we had available. What a wondrful afternoon it was. Our Guide Georgie was very informative, knowledgeable and passionate about the big Cats, you really get up close and personal with the Cats which is an amazing way to view their beauty. The Cats are all in beautiful condition and the park is wonderfully clean and a true credit to those that work there and look after these most magnificent animals. I wondered, at 11 years old how my Grandson would enjoy the tour well I needed have worried he loved it and learnt a lot about the Cats from our guide. We are now planning a return visit to do the Enrichment Tour and the Twilight Tour which our guide told us is outstanding as this is when the Cats are most active and are vocalising. Good luck Kingdom of Zion you are a great asset to Northland. I can't wait to return.

Bunbury, Australia
“amazing experience”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Wow, what a fantastic experience. My teenage children want to go back to New Zealand just to go to Kingdom of Zion again. Very professionally run, staff very knowledgeable and helpful. Our youngest son is autistic and as his carer I got in free plus the staff took extra care to include him and make it an enjoyable experience for him. Our older two children did the cheetah experience and got to go into the enclosure and feed two cheetah. Again it was perfectly safe, two keepers in with them and one outside, plus they used our camera to record some fantastic pictures for us. My family will treasure this experience forever thank you to the staff for a perfect day ! Cathie and family from Western Australia.

Visited December 2013

New Zealand
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A trip to Zion”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

An easy drive from Whangarei and well sign posted . The park is well laid out with numerous red deer (and fawns) roaming freely . All the big cats are behind wire fencing which is sad but they are well cared for and the guide was very knowledgeable and informative. A recommended tour and the staff were very nice. Ammenties exceptionally clean. With more funding and support we feel this park could be stunning as the general feeling was of free savanna space and lots room for advancement . The dedicated and caring staff do a wonderful job looking after these magnificent beasts.